TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lets Go Nostalgia Pro Stock Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 4:38pm
OH heck yea!!  I am not HOPING to see your car, I am EXPECTING to your car...LOL. We have more Hemi Powered Plymouth than Chevies, If we have Two AMC's running next year, That would be just plain awesome, trust me it an awesome time and experience when we run with the group. You might become addicted like the rest of the group...lol

I sincerely hope to see you join us next, trust me it would be the best time for you and for the fans who come to see us.
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2013 at 9:26pm
Merry Christmas to all those who have followed us for the last few years. No one knows how much fun we have had and how many issues we have had. But we feel we need to do this. Honestly if someone else had done this before us I doubt we would have. But its too late to turn back and Mark keeps putting way more into this than he probably should ( I won't even get into what I do, it's a tiny fraction)...but we love what we are doing and its so great to have people come up to us to talk to us( like at the Chicago show..wow that was great!!!!) Lets not forget how great our wife's are for letting us do this as much as we do.

Oh yea.. speaking of the Chicago show I put on a TV a AMC Pro stock Video and a Nostalgia pro stock video( mostly Marks Concord), it was monster hit. It stoped way more people than you can imagine. I was very cautious to put it on  and was completly blown away on how many people it stopped to view it.

For those who came and saw us race, for those who followed us, we thank you. Hopefully this year can be even more rewarding than the past 3 years have been.

Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone, we never thought so many people would enjoy this almost 4 years ago when Mark asked me if we should do this.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year for 2014.

Hope we do everyone proud.... we are not done yet!!!!

Allan
Holeshot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holeshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/25/2013 at 2:43am
Hi AlJav. I just got one of the 2013 STR11s & have this 69 AMX with the Hurst/Airheart light weight brake setup & drop out center engine x-member, full cage, tubbs, etc. It was a NHRA "HotRod" class car that ran the number. Anyway, I am wanting to do it in the official RWB scheme & use my original STR11 (69 top & 70 bottom), but have been hearing horror stories of backfires blowing the top apart & taking glass hoods out as well. Any experience tuning the STR11?  I've seen pics of ppl making wood inserts to lower the intake's volume. I have a really nice modded set of 660 center squirters I wanna run. I also have an UltraRam but that doesn't go with the SS/AMX hood & nostalgia look Any advice would be groovey (60s speak). I'm not sure I can get it together in time, just got off an 8hr stint on an operating table for a titanium rebuild, 6 weeks till rehab starts. Anyway, I want to run both of these STRs ( new one on my 71 401 5- speed, was gonna use R4B & 1000cfm 3bbl I came across). Merry Christmas AMCers....gotta sleep....

EDIT: Would be NICE if install & tuning instructions came with!  On som heavy meds from spine surgery, they R&Rd my L4 vertabrae, a herniated disk squished out the front, worst place, crushed the nerves to my left leg. 18-24 months to get leg back to normal. 19 pills at bedtime, plus two other times a day without the sleeping pills. I had lost 20lbs of muscle & several inches of diameter by the time of choppage. Freaking happened the next day after Rt66 Joliet Nostalgia bash. 

69 BBO AMX NHRA HotRod 9.80s

Edited by Holeshot - Jan/03/2014 at 3:58am
|'69 AMX BBO 390 9.88 qtr. | '71 AMX 401 w/Richmond 5-spd | 2012 Hemi Challenger R/T 6-spd w/Sidewinders | Michigan 49120|
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2013 at 5:13pm
We have had these for a while and offered them for sale while we were racing and the AMCNats. It's time to show them to everyone on the forum. ( remove the black from around the border)
This is on the back of a White Shirt

Am Automotive is on the front in the corner.

We have lots of different sizes from:
kids sizes (large x-large)to Adults sizes Small to 5 x.
Cost is $20 Dollars shipped to your door for each shirt.

Paypal or send a email to Mark at.
amautomotive@peoplepc.com

We appreciate all the all the support !

Happy New Year!!

Allan
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 5:02pm
Hi Allen,
   Nice graphics.   Can You post a picture of it on a real T-Shirt?
Thanks,
Jerry
greybeard View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greybeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2014 at 12:03pm
Awesome car.... get it back together??

goodtimes79 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodtimes79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2014 at 2:59pm
Its slowly coming along. The motor is almost done and we trying to fit a Lenco in it also. We are working on stepping it up alittle.
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2014 at 8:53pm
As Mark said, the car is undergoing a huge change. We are stepping it up on so many levels and we need to take our time. We are excited but taking things one step at a time.

We wish we were out already but there is a limit of cash and speed of shop time. Once we get some things happening more we will do some posting to show everyone the changes. Its going to be exciting but huge changes not only for the car but for the Driver and Crew...

Allan

Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/22/2014 at 5:28pm
Well it’s been a long time since I posted and a lot has happened. First, for me … I lost a job, moved, got a new one, and working on my own AMX race car. Needless to say I have been very Busy,
But on the good side we got the Concord back on the track! First we can give some details on the motor. The motor was given to AH Adkins to build it. If you have ever seen Adkins Super Stock AMX run you know all about his capabilities when it comes to motor building. The only parts that were given for the rebuild was the INDY cylinder heads, Carbs and Edelbrock Tunnel Ram. Adkins did extensive repairs to the heads and ported them for more air flow. The end result is very impressive, Even Barry Allen was involved with some consulting and dyno time.
We finally broke into the 8’s with an 8.95. But we are held back big time because we didn’t have the time and funds to complete the Lenco transmission. The power glide and the convertor are not enough for this motor, even Adkins keep asking if the transmission is dead yet…lol.
I apologize for not posting sooner. We have run a few times already. Bunker Hill, Great Lakes Dragaway and Route 66.
We will be running Saturday and Sunday Labor Day Weekend at Great Lakes Dragaway. Like always stop and say HI if you come to the races.
We will also be at NAMDRA’s AMC Nationals

Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2014 at 8:28am
Glad to hear what did it dyno at?
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 26>
  Share Topic