TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lets Go Nostalgia Pro Stock Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 26>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2013 at 10:36pm
Well, some bad news from Our AMC nostalgia pro-stock camp. Our season is over as this weekend. We unfortunately lost a connecting rod. Not sure off all the damage but we know its not good. We didn't expect this and were hoping to upgrade this motor but it looks like things will be changing.

We are not happy campers right now as some of this is our fault and somethings appeared to be completely out of our control.

See everyone at the AMC Nats, Can't wait to see everyone there!!

Allan
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 9:53am
That's too bad Al..but that kinda goes with racing..we've all been there..
Maybe I should just sell you mine? lol
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 9:55am
That be tempting...LOL

oh yea.. great info on that motor!!Thumbs Up

Allan

idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 11:00am
really sorry to here that....was looking forward to seeing the car run...
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
goodtimes79 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodtimes79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 11:29am

I would like to the time to thank everyone that supported and gave us well wishes this year with our Nostalgia Prostock 79 Concord. Since our racing season was cut short, I thought this would be an opportune time to thank all of the people that came up to us and talked about the AMC that they had or have and all of the great memories they shared with us. It was amazing at every track that we went to this summer, how many people came up to us and told us about what kind of AMC they have or had and how fast and cool it was. I never knew there were so many enthusiasts out there. You don’t see them out at shows or races, but they are out there.

It was great to have a chance to meet and talk to the AMC dedicated and non AMC people alike about our AMC’s. Some thought we could not be doing as well as we were, and some thought the sun rises and sets by their other products and that was ok too. It was so much fun meeting and talking to all of you and learning a different side of the AMC world. That made all of the hard work and traveling worth it. I now made friendships all over the country side that I hope will last forever. I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of you at Cordova next weekend. One thing that could help us for next year is having everyone Talk to Scott Gardner and asks him to have our Prostock there for their big race in august next year. Thanks,

Mark Ipsen

baklys View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baklys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/02/2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Aljav Aljav wrote:

Well, some bad news from Our AMC nostalgia pro-stock camp. Our season is over as this weekend. We unfortunately lost a connecting rod. Not sure off all the damage but we know its not good. We didn't expect this and were hoping to upgrade this motor but it looks like things will be changing.

We are not happy campers right now as some of this is our fault and somethings appeared to be completely out of our control.

See everyone at the AMC Nats, Can't wait to see everyone there!!

Allan

This was bad news..Cry  I have been so impressed of your car and all the good work you have done to this.  Hope you can save atleast some of the parts, but loosing a rod is always bad...  I have been there too...     Hope you can find out why this happend.

Good luck!
Baklys

Live in Norway!

-76 Gremlin X V8

-69 AMX 390 4 spd

-70 Gremlin Race

-63 Classic

-and 4 more gremlins..
whitelumpy401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelumpy401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2013 at 8:47am

Thats bad was looking forward to watching the car run in cordova

whitelumpy401
BassBoat View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2013 at 8:51am
Very sorry to hear.  Rods wear out and fail when highly loaded, any idea yet about what happened?  What rods were you running?  How many good passes did you get?  Regardless, thanks to you for sharing, I enjoyed following your adventure.
BB

Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 10:47am
Quick info for those who are interested. We will have the car on display with many of our Nostalgia Pro Stock cars in the Chicago area next week end. We will be at Muscle car and Corvette National at the Rosemont Convention center. If you are in the area and never been to this show you need to be there. The cars are absolutely amazing!!

Some other updates..yea..we are at it again. A new motor is works right now. And some real interesting changes are being made to bring the car into true nostalgia. Its going to a huge learning curve this year again...but personally, am I really excited!.. more details to come, I hate to post things way before they happen.

http://www.mcacn.com/  if you come to the show, please stop by and say HI.

Allan

Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2013 at 12:01pm
Cool..maybe I can get my Gremlin together this year and we can do a match race somewhere at one of those nps races?
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 26>
  Share Topic