TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Late Model Sheet Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Late Model Sheet Metal
    Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 8:03am
Hey all,

I've been having a hard time finding reproduction sheet metal for my Spirit. I'm mainly looking for rocker panels (I've found one side on rockauto, but not the other) and a driver's side fender. I can't seem to locate any all metal fenders online. Any ideas? If not, I may be making a trip around Indiana to find one in a junkyard...

Thanks!
AMCsavers View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCsavers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 8:28am
Repro sheet metal for Spirits doesn't exist Best option is to find used parts that are better than what you have! Or buy my spirit for sale and do with it as you please!
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 9:23am
Hey Sean, I have some spare fenders for spirits.
AMO Newsletter Editor
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 9:30am
Ian, I may have to pay you a visit then. And perhaps Hal on my journey. Might not happen for a few weeks, but I'd love to see the collection and come home with some parts.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 3:45pm
I've got a Sherman & Associates replacement sheet metal catalog from 2003 -2004 and it lists a replacement rocker for the 2 door Gremlin/Spirit /Eagle. It's the only thing for Spirit it lists. It does also list rocker panels panels for 1968 to 1974 Javelin along with rear fender patch panels. I don't know if they are still available , for how much , or what the quality is/was but they were listed. Sherman's is one of the out fits that provide sheet metal to body shops. So, take it with a grain of salt. The applications were large enough that they were listed. The Javelin rocker would also fit AMX and the 1966 to 1969 American two doors also. LRDaum
LRDaum
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2016 at 6:01pm
hi rockers available through summitt. i just bought a set. P/N SHI-003-00R  and SHI-003-00L.
also check www.c2cfabrication.com. they do not list floorpans directly for a Spirit, but the do for Gremlin/Hornet, and others. should be able to find something that works. good luck, gz
george z
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic