TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Las Vegas AMC Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2020 at 11:51pm
OK I usually wait a little longer than this to know what I might be up to myself, but I put an application and check in the mail today. Tomorrow I'll call the hotel and make a res.

This time I'm driving the car with A/C.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2020 at 6:41pm
Tom, Glad to hear your coming again this year. I don't blame you about driving a car with A/C the way this year is going. LRDaum
LRDaum
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2020 at 8:12pm
I'm sure hoping this COVID thing is cleared out by then.  This was a really fun show last year, and it'll make the third straight year for driving the Javelin up from AZ.  That drive is becoming one of the highlights of every year for me as it's about the only time I get Javvy more than 15-20 miles from home.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Blue Stinger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/24/2020 at 9:18pm
We're hoping and praying the show will go on.  It's always good to see you.

Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2020 at 10:23am
Still looking good for the show, Mark?

Edited by CamJam - Aug/07/2020 at 10:34am

mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2020 at 6:17pm
First off SEMA has cancelled for 2020
Secondly the virus has not gotten much better in Las Vegas.
There Fore we cancelling the Las Vegas AMC Reunion
We do not fell we can go ahead with meet under these conditions.
Larry Daum President Southern Nevada AMC car club

Statement from SEMA about the 2020 SEMA Show

DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (August 5, 2020) -- SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association, announced today that due to Covid-19 and concerns that event facilities and services will be unavailable, the SEMA Show will not be taking place in 2020.

While both event organizers and industry members have been working tirelessly to deliver an outstanding SEMA Show in November, mounting uncertainty has rendered continuing with the event inadvisable. SEMA expects the decision will bring much needed clarity to an uncertain picture and will help exhibitors, attendees and partners plan accordingly.

Recent SEMA Show survey results indicated interest in a possible virtual tradecshow with related live elements. SEMA will be working with industry members to determine interest levels on specific alternatives.

“The SEMA Show is committed to furthering businesses in the automotive specialty equipment market, and to providing manufacturers and buyers with the best opportunity to connect, promote new products and discover new trends,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “We appreciate the spirit, hard work and innovation our industry puts into the SEMA Show each year. While we are disappointed circumstances prevent us from hosting the Show in November, we look forward to getting everyone together in 2021 for another outstanding event.”

Full refunds for SEMA Show exhibitor booth deposits and attendee registration fees will be issued.

Updates will be posted to SEMAShow.com.

About SEMA and the SEMA Show
The SEMA Show is a trade show produced by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), a nonprofit trade association founded in 1963. Since the first SEMA Show debuted in 1967, the annual event has served as the leading venue bringing together manufacturers and buyers within the automotive specialty equipment industry. Products featured at the SEMA Show include those that enhance the styling, functionality, comfort, convenience and safety of cars and trucks. Additional details are available at www.SEMAShow.com or www.sema.org, 909/396-0289.
LRDaum
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2020 at 8:28pm
Well crap, but it's probably the right thing to do.  I'm guessing attendance would have been down anyway because of concerns.  I know I was questioning whether it was smart for me to go, and I LOVE this show.

Thanks for letting us know, Larry.

FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2020 at 4:00am
Not much to be happy about in 2020, is there. 

And yet, the certainty of no longer worrying about "is this event cancelled or is it not...we don't know...we will have to see" being resolved to a definite "no" is almost a relief. No criticism of SNAMC at all! That's just everything right now and it is what it is....which is sucky. 

I'm tired of history being made in my lifetime and I'm only 25. 
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2020 at 8:31am
Originally posted by FSJunkie FSJunkie wrote:

Not much to be happy about in 2020, is there. 

And yet, the certainty of no longer worrying about "is this event cancelled or is it not...we don't know...we will have to see" being resolved to a definite "no" is almost a relief. No criticism of SNAMC at all! That's just everything right now and it is what it is....which is sucky. 

I'm tired of history being made in my lifetime and I'm only 25. 
History is made in every lifetime. I can look back at the 60s, Kent State, riots the likes of which hadn't been seen in decades - until now, Charles Manson, all sorts of fun stuff. I went to school with a number of kids in braces - for life - it was called polio..........you don't have to worry about that now, though. 

What you are facing is NOTHING compared to what my grandparents and their parents faced. Go look at cemeteries from years ago - the numbers of people only months old, average ages on the stones in their 40s....... 
We are truly lucky to be living now if we are honest about it. 
Further - part of the reason this thing has spiked again, the numbers are not that great - people are partying like there's no tomorrow, refusing to do what's best for OTHER PEOPLE. Stuck in their own selfishness. Cancelling is the right thing to do for the good of the many. 
Spock - "the good of the many outweigh the good of the few (or the one)" So true.  People need to think beyond the ends of their own noses. 

Edited by billd - Aug/08/2020 at 8:33am
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2020 at 8:50am
We're in the generation of ME!
You mention polio. How about WWII rationing coupons? People dealt with it, not stomp their feet about their rights being taken away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic