TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

KYB Gas Adjust Shocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
    Posted: Feb/06/2016 at 5:20pm
I bought an entire front end rebuild kit from one of the AMC suppliers. It came with KYB gas shocks. I opened the shock boxes and there is no hardware to install the shocks. Shouldn't there be some washers, bushings and nuts included?
69 AMX     401/727
74 Javelin 360/727
09 Mustang Supercharged 4.6
14 Wrangler Sport 4X4
18 GMC Sierra
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2016 at 1:12pm
-Yes-
That said the best thing to do at this point in time is to contact the vendor the parts were purchased from.

If the rebuild kit was pieced together, that is parts chosen from the catalog then there really should be no problem in getting things replaced. If the KYB shocks were actually part of a package which included the shocks, then you and the vendor need to come to some kind of a reconciliation.
And if I was in the position of looking for mounting hardware, the rubber bushings and the special washers are purposed parts yet some what universal and I would check to see if they could be purchased from some one like O'Rielly auto parts or Napa or CARQUEST who carried dorman aftermarket hardware.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
71hornet6 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71hornet6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2016 at 12:13am
Just put in KYB in my Hornet today. Yes they came with hardware but it was pretty basic hardware store stuff. Call the supplier first
'71 FrankenHornet:
'72 258 '95 4.0L Head Holley 390CFM
AX15 with R154 gears 5 speed Hurst shifter
AMC20 rear axle Detroit TrueTrac
Dual Exhaust
Concord Discs Spirit AMX sway bars
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic