TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 67>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by sidewinder sidewinder wrote:

It's put on by the local Historical Society ...no host hotel and the one that's closest  doesn't allow trailer parking ( at least they didn't last year)  Stay where ever ...the show is at Kennedy Park right on the lake and it's a nice place.....LOT's of room.....  I can't wait to go back.....

Chuck Page

To any/ all attendees of prior shows - for those of us who have never attended before, what hotel(s) are recommended for both quality of room/ service and trailer parking?
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 9:12pm
A bunch of us stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn Kenosha, at the intersection of I-94 & Hwy 50. There was some trailer parking there, but I'm not sure about guys with big rigs.
JK
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2012 at 9:14pm
Lot's of hotels on the west end with ample trailer parking.
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by JKJavelin JKJavelin wrote:

A bunch of us stayed at the Best Western Executive Inn Kenosha, at the intersection of I-94 & Hwy 50. There was some trailer parking there, but I'm not sure about guys with big rigs.
JK

Pretty nice hotel.  We managed to park trucks/trailers in a couple of two deep parking spaces in the front of the hotel.  There is a pretty good sized lot next to the hotel but the staff said it's not their lot and not to park there, but the Met club was in the hotel next door and there were quite a few trailers parked there anyway.  Several other hotels out in this area about a 10-15 minute ride to the show venue.  Good group at the BW last year.  Parking lot get togethers in the evening with a few adult beverages.  Good time.  
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 9:18am
Met Club I think was with us at the County Inn and Suites. 
I am telling everyone this is a must attend event. 3-4 days of AMC's.  The parade on Saturday night to the downtown car show was amazing.

We need to make sure we have a FORUM booth or some placard so we can identify ourselves.  Or maybe our own event on Sunday morning?
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 6:18pm
I've been going to Kenosha meets since 1977, so I'll give you my advice and you can take it or leave it. Almost all the Hotel in Kenosha are at the intersection of Highway 50 and I-94 . The only exception is the now best Western Harbor-side , that is down town off Lake Michigan very near where the old AMC Lakefront factory use to be. Parking is no good , and there is little to no trailer parking there. Plus in it's various incantation over the years, it use to be a Holiday Inn , I never cared for the place myself. The location is closest to the show site , but I always found the walls to be thin. I always liked to La Qunita Inn at HWY 50 and I-94. It is the best band for the buck and has more then ample trailer parking if needed. The Best Western is pretty good too, but less trailer parking. Try and stay out of the Knights Inn if it's still there , and I'm not finding it listed as it was while cheap, usually dirty. But I've stayed in worst places then the Knights Inn. the rest are all pretty fair depending on bang for the buck and need for that trailer parking. Book early even a moderate Kenosha meet will fill all the 7 local hotels and if any thing else is going on, a big wedding or and it landed on the same weekend as a year bike race held in Kenosha hotels from Racine , Wisconsin down to Gurnee, Illinois  have been known to be used. Me I'll look at bumming with friends locally I have more then a few after all these years. LRDaum

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
LRDaum
bcsideshow View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcsideshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 6:41pm
There's a bunch of us that live here in Kenosha.  If you have any questions on the area or need help feel free to ask.  I'd be glad to help.
1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/02/2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

Try and stay out of the Knights Inn if it's still there , and I'm not finding it listed as it was while cheap, usually dirty.

< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

I have never stayed anywhere worse than a Knights Inn. On the way back from Florida we were desperate for a place to stay and pulled in at a Knights Inn. The room was filthy and full of insects, the bathroom was decorated in mold. We got our credit card credited and left. It was the only hotel that ever disgusted me so much that I had to leave. I would sleep in my car before going to a Knights Inn.

Edited by 6768rogues - Aug/02/2012 at 8:10pm
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2012 at 12:57pm
I didn't get to go to the last one due to moving, looks like I will miss this one due to helping put on the 2014 AMO Nationals in Charleston. We haven't set the exact date yet, but looks like it's going to be the first weekend in August due to hotel schedules. Might need to push to August 8-9 so there's two weeks between the homecoming and AMO National. Don't want to compete, and one weekend apart might prevent some going to both shows... I still might not be able to make the Kenosha show (darn it!), only so much money and time to go around, and I HAVE to help the local chapter with Charleston...
Frank Swygert
jkarisny View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkarisny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2012 at 4:20am
I'll be there! I have a "finish line" goal to get my Javelin done. I better get out to the garage right now!
You can do things the right way or the wrong way.

Or you can do it MY way...which is like the wrong way, only faster.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 67>
  Share Topic