TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha 2017 - Event Date: Jul/25/2017 - Jul/29/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 50>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by SirDigger SirDigger wrote:

Just got my ESTA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_System_for_Travel_Authorization
that I´m allowed to fly to the USA.

So my Shedule will be something like:

July 5th  Fly to Boston
July 12-13th Fly from Boston to Denver (visit the Rambler Ranch and Dean)
July 18th leaving Denver by Rental Car, Roadtrip to Cleveland, maybe visit APD on the way,
July 23th Midwest AMO Regional (Not sure about that)
July25th-31th Kenosha Homecoming
July 31th Flight Chicago to Boston
Aug.2nd  Flying home from Boston

After all that, you will have a mouthful of trail dust. If I see you, I will buy you a beer.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2017 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by 6768rogues 6768rogues wrote:

After all that, you will have a mouthful of trail dust. If I see you, I will buy you a beer.

Better make it three beers.  Have you ever seen the size of the German beer steins?  One of our beers would barely cover the bottom.  LOL
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 3:50am

Just got my ESTA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_System_for_Travel_Authorization

July 5th  Fly to Boston
July 18th leaving Denver by Rental Car, Roadtrip to Cleveland, maybe visit APD on the way,
<div ="block block-delta-blocks block-page-title block-delta-blocks-page-title odd block-without-title" id="block-delta-blocks-page-title">
<div ="block-inner clearfix">

<div =" clearfix">

<h1 id="page-title" ="title">
</h1>    

I sure would enjoy getting this much vacation time! *ha*

That's awesome...and looks like a well thought out road trip!

Where's the Rambler Ranch? Thanks!
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 6:54am
No need to be jeaslous AMoCoLite,

I "saved" 3 years of Off-Days for this Trip, and did a lot of weekend work. 
Its true that german workers get 26-30 payed vaccations Days,
but I´m self employed and have to argue with my co-owners.. (Sister and Senior)
And it helps that the company is on Summerbreak for 2 Week in my Holiday.

@6768rouges   I´ll be easy to find, just look out for the big guy with a Goatie and an hard german accent. LOL

@ CamJam, im not a bavarain Babarian, they´re the only ones that drink from Giant Beersteins.

I´m from the Northernpart of Hesse, 0,33 or 0,5liters is totally fine for us.
(The southern part of hesse, prefers the "Stöffsche", witch means Apple Cider)

Edited by SirDigger - Apr/06/2017 at 6:59am
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 10:59am
Ok, thanks for correcting me Holger. I guess we'll continue to depend on the Canadians to provide the life to the party then.
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Ok, thanks for correcting me Holger. I guess we'll continue to depend on the Canadians to provide the life to the party then.
It's sad when we have to import the life of the party..........................but Holger and the Canadians are the life of the party.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 1:30pm
Cameron,
Bavaria is our kind of Texas, a big tradition claiming state, that has a drive for independence, and does economical quite well in the United States of Germany.
And we pick on them as the rest of the US does to the real Texas. Wink

But the Bavarians are the only ones in the german states(and mostly just in the Summer or octoberfest) that have a Liter of Beer in one serving,
and their beer is kinda american, its sweet and a bit lighter compared to other german beer Areas. 
Someother places like Colonge oder Düsseldorf, habe 0,2 Liter Servings in a Bar, as a Norm. It needs more service stuff and keep them quite busy.

Btw i will place an order at Wisconcins Best Liquor Store the next week,  http://www.discountliquorinc.com/  for some german/european Beers,
and have a Beer Tasting at the Parking Lot of the Executive Inn maybe saturday evening. 

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 10:26pm
If we didn't make everyone laugh then you wouldn't let us back!LOL
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2017 at 11:10pm
Holger, I was stationed in Rheinhessen Pfalz (near Nuestadt) while in the US Army.  I remember the local pilsners being pretty stout, but that was in the days when American beers were like water. The major brands here still are of course, but at least now we have a lot of micro breweries and many decent local beers to choose from.

I'll be bringing some Corona from Mexico. Did you know most of the Mexican breweries were founded by German immigrants?
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2017 at 1:46pm

July 5th  Fly to Boston

If you want to change plans, one of the Denver AMC clubs is going to the Rambler Ranch the 22nd and you are invited to go along. I only live a short distance from Dean, have him give me a call when you are going to be here. I would like to buy you dinner when you are here if it works with your other plans.  Roger
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 50>
  Share Topic