TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha 2014 Reservations Cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTSY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kenosha 2014 Reservations Cancelled
    Posted: Jul/09/2014 at 8:27pm
Greetings fellow AMCers, This is my first post even though I have been following the AMC Forum for many years (I hope this is under the right subject heading). Anyway, I just wanted to pass on an alert to everybody who is planning to go to Kenosha for the AMC homecoming (less than two weeks from now). I just received a call from the Best Western Harborside Inn. I was informed that my reservation had been summarily cancelled along with numerous other people's reservations due to some sort of unfinished remodeling project. I have had these confirmed/reconfirmed reservations since October 2013! Apparently, at least two of their upper floors will be closed during that time. I was also told that the closest lodging availability might end up being somewhere near Milwaukee. If this turns out to be the case, I will to have cancel my entire trip. I hope to hear something positive from the hotel management tomorrow AM. I know that folks come from all over the country/world to attend this event. I would strongly advise anyone who plans on staying at the BW Harborside to check with the hotel first. Otherwise, we might all end up having to sleep in our beloved cars.   Bruce
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2014 at 9:02pm
Check out the Kenosha thread in upcoming events where this has been discussed. Your best bet is to complain to corporate, but management will not be getting you a room. Try super eight in Kenosha.
AMO Newsletter Editor
jsprengeler View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsprengeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2014 at 10:49am
I just booked the last room at the Kenosha/Pleasant Prairie Super 8.  All that was left was a "suite."  Pricey, but I guess that's what you get when you wait until the last minute! 

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2014 at 8:29am
I got a private apartment on airbnb.com for $71 per night just last week. There are other sites too, such as bedandbreakfast.com.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2014 at 8:51am
I managed to get into another hotel. A big part of these shows for me is the social aspect at the hotel. This is why i was so bummed about the harborside. I'm sure there will still be a few AMCers at the new hotel. I'll just have to make up for it at Charleston!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
74Bubblefender View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Bubblefender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2014 at 11:12am
There are alot of Hotels just outside Kenosha.
We are just about to forge new AMC V8 crankshafts.. please check here
http://www.bulltear.com/forums/showthread.php?19564
73LevisX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73LevisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2014 at 12:43pm
I just booked the Marriott in Racine for $88/nite on Priceline.
I used their Express Deals and selected a 3 Star Hotel in Racine-Mount Pleasant. The only hotel in that region that meets that criteria is the Marriott so was pretty much guaranteed to get it.

The only hiccup was that it wasn't available on Thursday nite so I took it for Friday and Saturday and I'll have to find somewhere else to stay for that nite... whatever... I saved enough to make it a freebie anyway.

Edited by 73LevisX - Jul/11/2014 at 12:48pm
'73 Hornet X
304/904
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic