TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Junkyard Brake Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by Heavy 488 Heavy 488 wrote:

That doesn't matter. The villagers will gather in the town square and light the torches. LOL
That's for sure! LOL Sadly most of the villagers don't drive their cars outside of the village so they don't understand the concept of their car breaking down or needing parts away from home. As I like to say "I drive my car further than a tow truck distance from home". LOL

What a concept. Driving without loading a trailer.

cosbysweater View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 2:31pm
Honestly the engine is insanely nice and I know it would work really well but for the et I want to run it would be pushing this thing really hard and I don't want to risk it when someone could use the combo I pulled out and have a honest reliable 400whp combo to blast around in.
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 3:04pm
Honestly, would you wear a Ferrari jacket to a vintage Mercedes Benz sports car club meet?

Or would you wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey, thinking to make friends at a Vikings tail gate party?
It's all about team rivalry. Always was, always will be.

That's how the game is played on the chessboard; one team against the other.

The sense of competition makes it more fun, especially when the underdog gets to win.

AMCers practicing 'Rooting for the underdog' is a positive healthy mental disposition.

And healthy competition is called 'good sportsmanship'.

-That's not something to be despised or frowned upon.

Yes; this is AMC Forum. You can expect to get challenged by loyal AMCers here.

After all, it's only 'par for the course'.

Edited by amcenthusiast - Jan/16/2020 at 3:10pm
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
cosbysweater View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosbysweater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 3:34pm
Well put! I totally respect brand loyalty and I admire people who will go to heck and back to keep the car "manufacturer correct". That's not me, but I welcome any criticism aimed toward what I do with my own property because it does not effect what my goals ND plans are! Anyways it is getting a little off topic, let's focus on the cool brake kit I made :). I'm going to test them with the stock master and make sure they work as well and then probably start a group buy for people that want a cheap brake upgrade!
70,71,72 AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2020 at 12:01pm
Should be fine with the stock master cylinder. I ran the Mustang discs on an AMC 20, and they worked fine. I only ran into a problem when I switched to a 9" rearend with explorer brakes. Seemed like the master didn't have enough volume for the bigger calipers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic