TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

John Vitale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Vitale
    Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 8:08pm
My good freind has been gone for 10 years. John was probably the foremost AMC guy on the west coast of Florida. He belonged to the Suncoast Amc club from its beginning and founded the Group 19 AMC club (now defunct without his leadership) in St Petersburg. He helped build many members cars including my own. He is sadly missed. I will never forget this mans freindship, generosity and knowledge nor his untimely death leaving behind his wife and 2 young boys. We shared many long phone calls regarding any and all AMC factoids and together went to the NAMDRA nationals in Cordova 2001. I went away from the AMC world for a few years after his death and bought a new 2006 Vette and a restored 71 Stingray roadster. I got the urge to go back to my roots and built a 73 Matador Machine 401 clone a few years ago and just recently re-purchased my 1980 Spirit after 20 years that I bought brand new and will now re-build once more into a street terror. In the Spirit will be his 401 shortblock he built 10 years ago that I have had stored all these years..........You could call it Karma. I call it Carma
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2012 at 10:16pm
Great memories, Harry.  One of my best friends passed early this year due to an avoidable accident and I think about him often.  He was a car guy, too.
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic