TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Jim Rae ( RamblerJim...RIP)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2013 at 8:58pm
He certainly will be missed. My condolences to his Family.
1970 AMX 401 4 speed BBG
1972 Gremlin X 401 4 speed
1973 Gremlin X 304 4 speed
1973 Amx Pierre Cardin A/C 401 Auto
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2013 at 9:23pm
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I believe I've got the improved trunnions he made on my AMX.

-Steve-
Purpleheart View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purpleheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2013 at 10:09pm
Wow , I'm shocked ! He was a good guy and supplied parts to AMC people for a long time . He was the man that called out the awards at The Rambler Rama carshow they have in Port Perry every year . He'll be missed , RIP Jim !

Paul
Best time 10.38, Best mph 128.73, Best 60ft 1.38
70javluvr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70javluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2013 at 11:10pm
This is a huge loss to the AMC community.  I personally owe so much to Jim for my two Javelins.  The Sonic Silver Shadow Mask Javelin that is now in Texas was full of his parts and especially his knowledge.  I will greatly miss his friendship and my regular sabbatical to his place in Port Perry.  

My condolences to Jim's family He was a great man and will be dearly missed.

Dion Fleury

Edited by 70javluvr - Oct/13/2013 at 11:25pm
70 Javelin Donohue Tribute car Sonic Silver/Shadow Mask/360/Custom Interior
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2013 at 1:40pm
WoW , I'm very sorry to hear this. I think I met Jim a couple times at the big AMC meets in Kenosha. Jim was also president of the Northern Ramblers . I've been a members of Northern Ramblers for a couple years now myself. I consider the Northern Ramblers to be the National AMC car club of Canada.
This is big loss , as Jim was probably the major AMC parts vendor in Canada. LRDaum
LRDaum
mymark View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mymark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2013 at 7:32pm
I too am a member, I met Jim in Kenosha also 02 for 100 th rambler celebration . He loved AMC and being with AMC people , he will be missed and remembered by many. Pat
Donohue
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2013 at 12:30am
Wow so sorry to hear- my condolences to the family. I believe I met Jim at the 2007 Denver AMO? or was that another Jim with a white vinyl top Machine from Canada?
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
SportaboutX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SportaboutX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2013 at 1:15am
While I did not know Jim, he is the third I know of in a line of genuine NICE, KIND AMC guys who have passed in the last short while, following AMXMGS, and AMCPSYCHO both of whom were like Jim apparently kindhearted souls who where happy to help a fellow hobbyist get the parts they needed for their cars.

These are the type of guys this hobby needs more of, people who do not talk down to you, and treat you like a human being when you are asking about parts and in need of help. If we do not help each other out, this hobby will not grow. Every time someone passes in the hobby it always seems to be one of the good guys, the guys everyone loved because they were nice genuine people who were not afraid to put helping others before themselves.

In short I just hope new guys show up to fill individual's like Jim's kind shoes. We need more Amarks and Bulltears and Controlfreaks, more like Peter Stathes and Galvins and less of those other vendors that like to talk down and degrade those who come to them seeking knowledge and parts (you know who they are). We need vendors who are happy to have their customers, and take the time to go the extra mile for both them and the benefit of the hobby.

RIP Jim, you sound like a class act. Thank you so much for what you have given to the hobby and all those hearts you have warmed in your involvement with these fine AMC products!
70javluvr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70javluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/17/2013 at 4:09pm
I attended the services for Jim today in Port Perry ON.  It was great to see several of Jim's "Creations" in the parking lot of the funeral chapel including his own Burgandy and Grey Rambler.  I spoke with his son Darryl and Jane and we shared stories about Jim and how many people he touched.  How no matter how many trips I made to his shop or how many questions I had, he never turned me away, and how it was just 7 weeks ago that we all got together in Indiana at the Auburn/Cord Museum at the AMO show.  I was unaware how much of a Toronto Maple Leafs fan he was, I'll make sure to not hold that agains't him (LOL one more jab for the road old friend).  All the best to Jim's family in this difficult time.

Dion
70 Javelin Donohue Tribute car Sonic Silver/Shadow Mask/360/Custom Interior
Debbie Biot (Rae) View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Biot (Rae) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2014 at 2:32pm
I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful things you've had to say about my Dad, Jim Rae. 

His children, grandchildren, extended family and his many, many friends continue to mourn his passing. He was taken from us far too soon.

There is something that he said many times in and around his quadruple bypass in 2012. "If I die, it's okay because I've lived a great life." That, he most certainly did. He loved life and all it had to offer.

I have found myself often coming to this forum just to read the nice things people have said about him. In a way it brings comfort; just knowing the positive impact he had on so many.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Debbie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic