TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

jeep j10 seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jeep j10 seats
    Posted: Jul/16/2018 at 4:52pm
Hello out there in search of information regard seat replacement for my 1974 jeep j10. It currently has a bench seat and would like to go to bucket seats. What bucket seats would best go into this model of truck ?
Thank you for any info that will be helpful.
Samuelsc360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuelsc360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2018 at 5:01pm
Wagoneer seats.
1971 SC360
1973 Ambassador Sedan 360
1973 Hornet X 360
1973 Javelin AMC 401
1975 Sportabout X 258
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2018 at 7:13am
I'd just go junkyard shopping and fab mounts as needed. The one thing to note is that other make full size truck bench seats won't fit. The Jeep is narrower by about 4". A bench seat will "fit" from another make, but the door panels will just touch -- no space between doors and ends of seat, should be a couple inches! Mid-size trucks like late model Dakotas are a bit too narrow. You might try 2000-2006 Toyota Tundra seats though. That model is slightly smaller than US full size trucks, just like the Jeep truck/Wagoneer. A set of buckets and the console from an early Tundra (or maybe the slightly smaller than Tundra T100) should fit nicely. The buckets from other US trucks will fit, but the consoles will be way too wide. The early Tundra was ridiculed by the US automotive press as being a "7/8 size" truck, one reason they made it larger starting in 2007. I like the slightly smaller but still full size models -- a lot easier to work out of the back (all current full size trucks are too damned tall to easily reach over in the bed, and I'm an even 6'!!), and a bit easier to maneuver. When I need to replace my 2003 Tundra I don't know what I'm going to get! Need to pull a 5800# camper plus load, so need at least the 7000# tow rating I have now. The 6400# of a V-6 tow package Tacoma is just short. Chevy Colorado says 7000# with the 3.6L, 7700# with the 2.8L Duramax turbo diesel, but I have my doubts it will pull as well as the 4.7L V8 Tundra.

I've thought about repowering a Grand Wagoneer as a tow vehicle, but I'm really not up to all that work any more... and putting $15K or so in a Grand Wagoneer -- after getting one to start with. Just don't like the old GW that much...

Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic