TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Javelin roof spoiler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Javelin roof spoiler
    Posted: Jan/14/2017 at 7:59pm
Anyone tell me what a factory Javelin roof spoiler is worth in good condition?  Guy wants to do a swap and I have no idea of the value.  I thought they were reproducing them.  Thanks much, Dean
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2017 at 8:21pm
Underdog on here was making them.I've seen originals around $300 -$400 range.
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by bigbadgreen bigbadgreen wrote:

Underdog on here was making them.I've seen originals around $300 -$400 range.

Agree with the above post....if it's in good shape.  Also hardware would help if you have that.  I got a nice one at a show for a good price and had 3 offers for it before I got it back to my truck!!  The originals are pretty rare.   Not sure what the repops go for but I would check out that pricing as I have heard it's a good repop.   Good luck

Chuck Page  
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

underdog View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote underdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 6:20pm
Hello Gang! Maybe I can help some here. That I know of, I am the only one that remakes these and solid like the originals and mold was created from a near NOS one. Mine come with the correct hardware complete and everything is ready to wet sand and paint. I take them past the gel coat casting. I sell these for $350.00 plus shipping. It is near impossible to tell mine from the factory units. The link below shows the spoilers and hardware I make up. Lot's of guys have the spoilers, But no hardware, I can help there.

http://s404.photobucket.com/user/bonusclick/library/AMC%20Javelin%20roof%20spoilers?sort=3&page=1

Not trying high jack or promote sales, But the question was asked. It is important with these spoilers that if not on a car and stored incorrectly, The spoilers will sag in the middle over time. Mounted on the cars. The spoiler has a bow or arch going across the roof. You do not want to lose this arch.

Hope this helps!
AMC Fan.....
1970 Torino King Cobra
1969 SS396/375 Chevelle
2005 SSR 6.0 HO
2005 Dodge (Rumble Bee)
1963 Manta Ray Spyder
1965 Manx Dune Buggy

1970 Ford Torino King Cobra(protot
junk yard dog View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junk yard dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2017 at 7:19pm
I think someone other that underdog made them years ago and they saged in the middle. Make sure it isn't one of them.I wouldn't sell any of mine for less that $600.00 each but you got to know i live in Washington state and we can get real high here and that might be reflected in the pricing. I have 2 originals but both are being used on my cars. Dog. 
69 sc rambler              
69 bbg javelin 390 mod pack    
68 javelin custom
68 amx 343 4 sale
76 hornet
1963 1/2 mercury super maraude
ocamocam View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocamocam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 11:07am
you still making the roof spoilers ? they come with mounting hardware ? restoring my 68 javelin SST to look like the red white and blue transam cars.Also shipping to 98844 wa ? thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic