TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Javelin AMX Rebuilt Door Hinges Rebuilding Service
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Javelin AMX Rebuilt Door Hinges Rebuilding Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Javelin AMX Rebuilt Door Hinges Rebuilding Service
    Posted: Oct/10/2019 at 7:25pm
Javelin and AMX Rebuilt Door Hinges - Rebuilding Service

$230

1968-74 AMX and Javelin Door Hinge Rebuild Service. The above pictures are examples of a rebuilt hinge set and the two different lower hinge styles. Get those plastic bushings replaced with some top quality metal. When you send me your worn out set of hinges, they will be properly rebuilt. By purchasing this service you agree to send me a rebuildable set of cores for rebuilding or exchange. I cannot accept any broken castings. If you have a particular question or concern about you hinges, please contact me before purchasing.

Unlike the other AMC vendors, my parts are top quality. The detent arms and rollers that the vendors sell are not heat treated and will lead to premature wear. The pins that others sell are sloppy when installed and the bushings are made of softer/cheaper brass (Brass is not going to hold up for very long).

My rebuilt hinges include the following:
- Each hinge has a custom made pin that is properly sized for the bushing
- Bronze bushings (not the cheaper and softer brass)
- Very close tolerances between the pin and bronze bushings (no wiggle in the hinge).
- Each hinges is taken apart and then media blasted with glass bead.
- Broken or missing detent arms are replaced with heat treated arms
- Hinges with broken, worn or missing rollers/pins are replaced
- New custom made springs are installed on each upper hinge. Springs are heat treated for strength.
- Each mounting hole is checked for good threads and chased with a tap to remove debris/rust.
- Each hinges is oiled in order to reduce surface rust. Then it is sealed in a clear bag.
- Oil will need to be removed before you paint the hinge. Brake cleaner works good to remove oil or use another paint prep solvent.
With rebuilding, you get back the hinges you send me. With an exchange, you get back a restored set that has already been rebuilt. The purchase price includes two upper and two lower hinges. Please specify if you want the 1968 three hole lower hinge or the 1969-74 two hole lower hinge.
Turn around time is two weeks from receipt, if you desire to have your hinges returned. I have a couple of sets ready to ship, if you just want to do an exchange. With an exchange, shipping will happen within a couple of days after I receive your rebuildable hinges. Shipping to and from, is at your cost.
If you do not have all of the hinges or if one of your hinges is cracked, please contact me. I have acquired a few core sets and will rebuild one of these at an additional cost.

-Reproduction Clutch Linkage Brackets, Ball Stud Pivots & Z Bars
-Door Hinge Rebuild Service
-Brake Booster Bracket, Pivots, Disc Conversion setup
-NOS and used parts for Javelin and AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic