TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Invite to celebrate 50th Anniversary of AMX /Jav
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Invite to celebrate 50th Anniversary of AMX /Jav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invite to celebrate 50th Anniversary of AMX /Jav
    Posted: Jul/09/2018 at 4:58pm
July 9, 2018

Dear fellow AMC’rs

I have been asked to set up a car show to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Javelin and
AMX. It will be part of the annual celebration of what was Meadowdale International Raceway
in Carpentersville, Illinois.

In late 1967, American Motors contracted Ronnie Kaplan Engineering to campaign two of their
new Javelins in the Trans-Am race series. Meadowdale’s 3.27 mile track winding through the
woods of Carpentersville, Illinois was the site of those Javelin’s earliest and most impressive
races. 

MIRPA (Meadowdale International Raceways Preservation Association) is an organization that
was established to preserve this race track as an historic site.
To showcase AMC’s Javelin and AMX, I have been given the opportunity to place our cars in a
more interesting configuration along what is a paved section of the tracks straightaway.

This configuration will allow better views of our cars and the ability for folks to walk around
them. It will also provide more room for plaques or easels to show any particular history of
each car.

There will be many other cars besides our AMCs at Meadowdale that day, but our Javelins and
AMXs are going to be prominently showcased. I need to inform MIRPA of how many AMC cars
will be attending so they can a provide us enough space. Any and all of you who are interested
in attending please reply to me by July 30th and I'll fill you in on more of the details.
The event will take place on Saturday, September 8, 2018. The show begins at 10 AM and lasts
until 3 PM. We should, however, be there no later than 9 AM to set everything up.
Any of you who were planning on attending Shannon and Bobbi Halverson’s Cordova event, as
was I, please don't change your plans. I don't want their efforts to be undermined.
Unfortunately both events take place on the same day. Because of the size of the stage that
the Meadowdale show provides, I had to take advantage of this “once in 50 years” opportunity
to showcase our Javelins and AMXs.

Thanks folks, I will be awaiting your response.

Ray Larson    

"Racing Ray" on the AMC Forums

Edited by Ram Air Rick - Jul/09/2018 at 5:01pm
Racing Ray View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racing Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2018 at 8:06am
Thanks for posting my invitation letter to our AMX/Javelin owners, Rick. All AMC owners are welcome but the AMX and Javelin cars are the ones I want to showcase as it is their 50 anniversery.  I'm hoping everyone who is interested in participating in this display of our cars will contact me, either on this forum or at ramshop@aol.com.

Ray
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2018 at 11:26am
Good luck with that
1970AMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 4:05pm
Sorry to have had to miss the show. Any pictures from this event Rick?
Racing Ray View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racing Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 8:30pm
Hi Randy, 
A friend of mine who was at the show sent me seven emails with four pictures on each one. I don't know how to put them into this reply, but if you want to give me your email address I'll just forward each of his emails to you. There were a lot of complements on the AMX and Javelin part of that show so that was satisfying. We had 12 AMCs there.
Thanks for your interest Randy,
Ray
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic