TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I Hate Rust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2018 at 5:48pm
Starting to work the front inner wheelhouse. Once that's in place the lip will be next.

Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2018 at 5:52pm
I goofed..... went through the photos of this area and the piece I put on is too big so I corrected it. Then welded in the outer piece that overlaps it. Kind of weird the way AMC did this. Guess they figured it was going to be covered in undercoating anyway. Still have to cut a hole for the factory body plug.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2018 at 4:03pm
Got the leading edge wheel arch done today.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 5:34pm
Got the trunk floor at the edge repaired this eve, took forever. Next I'll repair the rear corner then rebuild and reinstall the trunk drop.

-Steve-

turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2018 at 6:00pm
This project is just blowing my mind........fantastic!
they call me Capt RETIRED!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2018 at 7:41pm
Thanks Turbo! The cold is making it more difficult to go out there and work!

Working the trunk corner. Got the old stuff removed and some repair pieces made. I'll force myself out there tomorrow.

BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2018 at 9:11pm
Are you using a "shrinker/stretcher" tool..??? Your trunk floor edge has the tell tale marks of one.
I ask because I've had my own experience with one during the metal work I did on my Gremlin. It wasn't as easy as it appears, but I did learn a lot from using one.
Nice work and please keep it up...!! I look forward to seeing your progress..!!
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by BrotherBamc BrotherBamc wrote:

Are you using a "shrinker/stretcher" tool..??? Your trunk floor edge has the tell tale marks of one.
I ask because I've had my own experience with one during the metal work I did on my Gremlin. It wasn't as easy as it appears, but I did learn a lot from using one.
Nice work and please keep it up...!! I look forward to seeing your progress..!!

Sure did, good eye! The key there is to leave enough material to get it into the jaws of the tool.

-Steve-
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2018 at 4:53am
Nice work Steve !

Love the thread !

Rich C.
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2018 at 9:03am
I believe you could construct an entire car out of raw material!!  You are doing unbelievably excellent work!  Love this thread.
Addicted to acceleration.
Owner and Admin for
www.classracerinfo.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic