TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I fell victim to the Transmission Grenade!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote /6charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 10:27am
I'm about to call the transmission shop and begin on that adventure.  Thanks for the forum fix and depending on how things go with the shop, I may be in touch with you Mr. Curts about the yoke.  Thanks.
1969 AMX 390/???-spd
reo.logan@navy.mil
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2009 at 1:06pm
Take pictures with the dates on pictures......if you have to go to court.   for what u paid, it should be perfect. well its not.....
/6charger View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote /6charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2009 at 9:00am
Well, after speaking to the trans shop, they seem very receptive.  The manager was anxious to "look" at the trans again.  (I can't help but be skeptical...)  He remembered the AMX and pulled up my file.  His words.."I remember that car, we had to swap out the whole gear box..."  Well, this surprised me as I was told it was only a rebuild...  So, now I'm thinking they swapped in a T-10 that probably wasn't rated to handle the torque of the 390, thus when I put my foot on it in 4th= raining parts.  I'm not too familiar with the different T-10's out there or if AMC's had specific ID codes stamped on the T-10's they used.  I'll check the trans I have for any part #'s or ID markings and google them to see what I find.
1969 AMX 390/???-spd
reo.logan@navy.mil
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2009 at 10:34am
If my car had an original correct date coded T-10, I wouldn't be happy if a shop removed it and replaced it with something else without first getting my approval to do so or at least telling me first, and what ever happened to your original transmission, I'd want to keep that regardless of condition.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2009 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by PHAT69AMX PHAT69AMX wrote:

If my car had an original correct date coded T-10, I wouldn't be happy if a shop removed it and replaced it with something else without first getting my approval to do so or at least telling me first, and what ever happened to your original transmission, I'd want to keep that regardless of condition.
I agree.....
forest View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2009 at 9:34pm
the t5 holds even less than the t10 or super t10. Ask me how I know.......   If your 360is built well, kiss the t5 goodbye in a hurry.
setting guys out by car lengths....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic