TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

how was trunk light wire routed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2007 at 12:01pm
My 70 had a small S shaped clip on the trunk light wire. I no longer own the car so no pics. It clipped the wire to the hinge.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2007 at 12:48pm
I'll take a pic and post tomorrow. I'll also look to see if i have a spare clip.
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2007 at 3:19pm
Thanks - that would be cool. I think the car comes back next week, and when it does, I'd love to hit the ground running.
Budwisr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budwisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2007 at 12:34pm
 I just discovered at Kenosha this weekend that Kennedy has the correct clips. $1.50 a piece.

1970 AMX 1980 AMX
<br
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2007 at 12:44pm
I wish they had pictures/images. If I knew what it was supposed to look like, I may have one, and hate to buy without seeing one first, then going through my drawers of clips and body odds 'n ends.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2007 at 1:42am
I've searched Kennedy's site - can't find reference to such a clip..... at least not when I "build" the catalog for a 70 Jav.
A lot of line and harness clips, but nothing referring to trunk, or trunk light, etc.
Still would prefer a picture first........
Budwisr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budwisr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2007 at 12:53pm
 I don't think its listed in his catalog, try calling him. As far as a pic, here's the best I can do for now.

1970 AMX 1980 AMX
<br
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2007 at 1:27pm
Thanks. I can take a look and see what I've got, and I guess call if I find I really don't have one.
The one I took off the hood latch support, the horizontal piece that sticks forward, looks very similar - will have to compare.
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2007 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Budwisr Budwisr wrote:

I just discovered at Kenosha this weekend that Kennedy has the correct clips. $1.50 a piece.

Those clips (NOS) were all over in the vendor area at Kenosha. There's one thing I can say about the Show in Kenosha, you can find hardware there that you can't find at any other show, anywhere. I bought at least 5  plastic shopping bags full of NOS hardware at this years show. Got some great stuff.....
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2007 at 3:22pm
Sorry only have the 2 on the car. here's a couple of pics:

67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic