TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

How to remove Serpentine pulley toV belt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadipacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to remove Serpentine pulley toV belt
    Posted: Nov/14/2017 at 6:26pm
 Anyone ever pull a (1982) serpentine AC pulley-off to install a V- belt pulley,,if so,, where did you find the correct pulley that matched the bore and depth to seat on the Sanden AC unit.??
 Thanks for any info.
SOLD!/SOLD!78 Pacer wagon w/ 500 cid Cadillac V8, 2:87 spool.

1956 Nash Statesman.PS,PB AC 360 rack & pin.2:56 gears.
1982 Concord 401 4 dr. incognito
former-NAMDRA # 75 AMO 645,NCCA 7980

Lyle View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 12:01pm
Did some looking and a GM of the late 80's would be a likely donor for either the 508 or 709 if this is what you have.
This option is a lot of time, effort and you will have to find a bone yard that will let you search.
A new replacement clutch and pulley are the same money new as a whole new compressor with clutch and pulley so a complete replacement looks like the way to go - comes with warranty. Just search by your model # of compressor on images and look for rockauto or other sources.
Hope this helps.

cadipacer View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadipacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 12:35pm
 Thanks for the info,, I think I will go with a new unit and get the correct v-belt at that time.
SOLD!/SOLD!78 Pacer wagon w/ 500 cid Cadillac V8, 2:87 spool.

1956 Nash Statesman.PS,PB AC 360 rack & pin.2:56 gears.
1982 Concord 401 4 dr. incognito
former-NAMDRA # 75 AMO 645,NCCA 7980

carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 5:13pm
Clutch came off with one bolt and a puller. I found homes for my vee belt Sandens except one leftover from a Grand Wagoneer.
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 8:07pm
Many of the chain auto parts stores in my area will loan a puller for free.Check that out if you have that in your area. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic