TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hot August Nights 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot August Nights 2018
    Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 1:29am
Just checking in again to see who's going (my original post a good while back was in General Chat).  We're about 5 1/2 weeks out now.

We got our hotel room at the Atlantis (where a previous post mentioned all the cool people, ie AMC owners hang out) and plan on being there in Reno the 10th thru the 12th.  Not sure what events we'll be doing or even what time on the 10th we'll get up there. though.

All that also depends upon the Rambler being ready by then too.  Given the constant delays I'm hitting, that's starting to look a little iffy. Sleepy
1964 AMC Rambler Classic 660

"You can think I'm an idiot, just don't talk to me like I'm one." - Batman
motorhead_1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote motorhead_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 3:14am
i'll be with the non-cool people at the nugget

69 SC/Rambler tribute 401/th400, 68 Rebel SST LSA, 66 F100 460/c6, 88 Merkur Xr4Ti, 71 Jaguar XJ6 LS1, 08 Supercharged Tundra
rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2018 at 5:16am
Guess I'll be going on my own at this rate.  I was hoping there were more West Coasters interested and we could link up for a caravan. 

rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 10:10pm
A bit disappointed in the lack of replies here.  Hot August Nights is one of the biggest car shows in the country.  The entire city of Reno is the show grounds. On top of that, there's some of the best BBQ outside of Texas available during the event. 

Everybody says they want recognition and awareness for AMCs, but the only events that seem to get any attention here are exclusively AMC or AMC/Dodge.  Gotta get teh cars out in front of a wider audience if you want recognition (which may in turn provide a wider aftermarket parts supplier list).

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 11:05pm
I would come down but my fuel budget is shot after my 7000 mile tow around the country :(

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2018 at 12:41pm
I agree with ya. Should be on every member's "Bucket List". I've been to Hot August Night's twice. Bring a pocket full of $$ if you go into the BIG BOYS TOY STORE,  there are a lot of out-of-state vendors and deals to be had. I believe Summit Racing sponsors the BIG BOYS TOY STORE.   
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic