TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hornet Drag Cars!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragdak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/30/2014 at 10:54pm
 Nice you ladies can visit and catch up on all the old times but.....Wink CAN WE SEE MORE AWSOME HORNETS!
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 5:48am
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Not the best picture but here is the one 401jim drove back in the 70's. Named the Nasty Nash.

Hey Ken   I recognize that take off picture..... I do believe I gave that picture to Jim when he was here at my home one time. LOL Honestly I was Proud to have it and give it to him. Just as happy as he was when I handed it to him that day.   hee hee I never knew one of my Photos would got world wide one day 30years later.   still love that Nasty Car.... the only other name that could describe that Hornet would have been WICKED WONDER.   That AMC made us all proud back in the early 80's
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 6:06am
this was MY First Hornet back in the day.   I bought it wrecked and had to re-do the passengers side as the previous owner hit a guard rail and swipped it from front to read all the way down   Took this picture after I finished it
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 6:09am
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 6:38am
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 12:14pm
amcglass your pics didn't work.
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 2:53pm
yes I know for some reason they wouldn't load and after trying it a second time I gave it up.... I usually do not have issues posting photos but for some reason I did that time around
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by amcglass amcglass wrote:

Hey Ken   I recognize that take off picture..... I do believe I gave that picture to Jim when he was here at my home one time. LOL Honestly I was Proud to have it and give it to him. Just as happy as he was when I handed it to him that day.   hee hee I never knew one of my Photos would got world wide one day 30years later.   still love that Nasty Car.... the only other name that could describe that Hornet would have been WICKED WONDER.   That AMC made us all proud back in the early 80's
The best part is we know where the car is and we are keeping track of it. Jim would love to get it back out in to the light of day. We just have to convince the current owner.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 5:47pm
If you are talking about my Hornet it no longer exists. Unfortunately it suffered from an early life in PEI, and that means a rust environment second to none. After 1800 trans brake passes the poor thing was suffering structural fatigue compounded by structural rust, and was coming apart at the seams. It was actually bending in the middle. So I scrapped it. The good news is a bunch of the parts are still running in another Hornet. That particular picture was on film, taken by a good friend - that was a while ago.

Or is there another Ken and I'm stupidly confused?

Edited by Ken_Parkman - Apr/06/2014 at 5:50pm
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Ken_Parkman Ken_Parkman wrote:

Or is there another Ken and I'm stupidly confused?
Ken,

Confused? You? Never. Randy is talking about the "Nasty Nash" from Ohio. It set several world records back in the late 70s and we have been keeping track of it.

Ken

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic