TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hooker Headers 7104

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vetteamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hooker Headers 7104
    Posted: Aug/20/2017 at 7:15am
Hi.... can someone please tell me about Hooker Header part number 7104.  I've had them for many years but can't find any information on them.  How good are they, how do they fit, etc.   All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
steinercj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinercj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2017 at 11:59am
I bought a used set of 7104's a few years back- realized later that they are rectangle port not dogleg. Really not sure what cars they fit either. Sitting on a shelf in my garage now.
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2017 at 6:32pm
They fit small body cars for sure, Rambler, Gremlin, Hornet. 1 5/8 rectangular port.
vetteamx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vetteamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 4:06am
Hi... thanks for the info.  I was hoping to see if someone new how they fit and why they are different than the others that are made that are non dog leg.  I appreciate the input !!
Judo390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 8:33am
For what it is worth, I ran Hookers on my Gremlin and AMX for many years. They were a tight fit and I know I had to cut the connection flange between the rear two exhaust ports on the drivers side of the AMX, but don't recall about the Gremlin. They were quality built, but tended to leak over time with the tick, tick, tick noise. I have heard the remflex gaskets provide a better seal but cannot speak from personal experience. 
jrsjav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrsjav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 9:59am
I use Remflex header gaskets and they work great. Highly recommend.
Life's too short to be stock!!
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2017 at 9:17pm
Remflex only makes AMC dog legs only.
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
vetteamx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vetteamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2017 at 12:14pm
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic