TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hooker 7103 headers in a small body car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GremlinRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hooker 7103 headers in a small body car
    Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 2:55pm
Hey new to the forum and first post.  Does anyone have any experience in making the hooker 7103 1 7/8” header fit in a small body cars specifically the gremlin?  I had a set in a 343 powered 71 hornet in the late 80’s. But everything I’ve read lately says they won’t fit a small body car.  Any and all help is appreciated thanks.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 4:40pm
If you don't already have the headers, look into ARH (American Racing Headers) small body headers.  Pricey, but the fit is great.  Lifetime guarantee.  They do 1 3/4" or 1 7/8".

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
GremlinRick View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GremlinRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 4:53pm
Yeah I’ve seen those it’s very pricey lol will be roughly $2,200+tx  with exchange then shipping so I was hoping there was a cheaper way but I’m not apposed to the warranty end of things lol.  
BassBoat View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 7:38am
I have struggled to install 1 5/8 headers in small body.  Folklore suggests 1 7/8 just don't fit.  Some have said they could hammer them enough to get them in with a non-stock strut rod arrangement.  On the Javelin/AMX 1 7/8 are tight, not an easy install, but they will go in.  1 5/8 are easy in the bigger cars.  If you have them, let us know if you have success and what it takes.
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 9:53am
7103 doesn't fit. You will have to cut the spring tower away, or completely smash the 2 right side middle tubes.
7105 fit nice
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GremlinRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 10:42am
No I don’t have them yet, I just don’t remember them being that much of a PETA going into the hornet but again that was 30+years ago.
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GremlinRick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 10:45am
From what I can tell the 7105 is discontinued so I’m dung outta luck unless I am willing to spend the $2k+ on ARH headers. If I want something bigger than 1 5/8’s. Thanks for the input 
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 10:49am
like Hurst390 said, no way a 7103 will fit a small body car like a Hornet/Gremlin w/o major mods. They barely fit the AMX/Javelin on the RH side. If you think you installed them in a Hornet 30 yrs ago I'm betting you are incorrectly recalling the 7103 PN and actually used another PN.
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 12:41pm
nastynash View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nastynash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2020 at 9:55pm
they will not fit a small body Hooker makes a small body header fits no clearance issues installed on three hornets and two gremlins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic