TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hi Stall for BW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aus69Jav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Stall for BW
    Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 10:45pm
Post is mainly to let Australian members know that Hi Stall converters are available locally for BW 11 & 12 gearboxes. This converter was supplied by TCI in Sydney. Fit up was good with no issues. I haven't done many miles yet but it is a big improvement over the stock large converter.

skymit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skymit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2019 at 6:13am
Thats good to know, thanks
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2019 at 8:28am
For the benefit of our American viewers, TCI in Sydney, has nothing to do with TCI in the United States, well at least as far as I know. It's good to have a local company producing stuff like this and they are Rambler enthusiasts too.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2019 at 8:29am
PS: What headers are you running?
Aus69Jav View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aus69Jav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2019 at 9:14pm
TCI in Sydney is the place to go for Rambler related cars. Len owns a few Ramblers and is very familiar with the AMC/Rambler gearboxes and converters. 

I have done more km now and the higher stall converter  is a big improvement. Under light throttle there is little difference between stock and the 3K converter. Highway cruising at 2200rpm is still good. 

Western Red - The headers are Dougs - 103  1.3/4" primaries, 3" collectors. I like them because the tuck up tight under the floor. I have good ground clearance for the many speed humps in my area. They do need a little modification to the engine mount bracket to fit. They also fit RHD well, only one small mod to cylinder No.2 primary.

Too Many Ramblers View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Too Many Ramblers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2019 at 5:15am
Hi, do you have a number for TCI Sudney, I would love to have a chat about a 460le adaption to my 69 Jav with a 360. Thanks
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2019 at 10:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic