TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Help on reinstalling Holley 2209 carb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twdsls2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help on reinstalling Holley 2209 carb
    Posted: May/19/2018 at 2:57pm
Hi folks,
I’m hoping you might be able to help me out reinstalling my Holley 2209 carb on my 287 V8. I took the carb off and sent it out to be rebuilt. The entire choke setup had been completely missing. Well its come back all rebuilt and complete with all the choke mechanism however I am not sure where to connect a line to the choke diaphragm. Here is a picture of the side of the carb. The 2 steel “nipples” already had 2 hoses connected to them, so I dont think the vacuum diaphragm should be connected to them. I am confused. Any help would be great. Thanks.
twdsls2000 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twdsls2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 2:59pm
Hmmm. Cant seem to figure out how to attach a picture on here either😞
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 3:45pm
Does it look like this?
Are you going to the "full blown" post reply page?  No spaces in the picture file name? .jpg file type?

AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twdsls2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 4:15pm
It asks me for a web address of the picture I am trying to post. Its on my computer. not on the web
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 5:07pm
Click the "Tree" Icon, then in the pop-up window,
on the Lower Left click gray "Choose File" button
( don't use or mess with the upper right url box )
navigate your system, find and select .jpg file, click ok,
then back at pop-up window, on lower left click gray "Upload" button, then lower right click "OK"
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 5:39pm
You need 30 points to post pics.
You can post on photo hosting and link it over.
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twdsls2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 6:24pm
Yes i guess i need 30 points to post and unfortunately I dont have any web hosting options. 😞 so I’m out of luck to post a pic of the carb. Anyone have any other suggestions?
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 6:54pm
Wonder if you can send me the picture in a forum private message?
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twdsls2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 6:57pm
I tried that too. I get the same issue unfortunately
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2018 at 11:10pm
Please be sure and tell us what Year / Make / & Model of your car, Manual or Auto Trans, etc.

Ok, to try and help this is the 2209 Carburetor picture sent and posting it here.
The 2nd pic is from eBay (not mine) and shows a 1966-67 2209 for a 290-343 the ad says.
For comparison to see the differences.

The "missing" large hose nipple in the back would have been for PVC is my guess.
I fail to know enough about your vintage of car and carburetor to say for sure.
Maybe there was no PVC that year?  or the was a Carb Spacer with the PCV Hose Nipple?
But for now main objective was to get a picture posted for you.
Hopefully others more informed than I on 2209 Carburetors will chime in and help out.

Ok, I think I do know maybe this much, the round Vacuum Diaphragm on the Choke, is a "Choke Qualifier".
It would get attached to a Manifold Vacuum source so once the engine starts, it will slightly crack open a fully closed choke.

Note twdsls2000: you may want to use a "lower image quality setting" in the
future when you have more posts and are able to upload and post pictures.
A 2 megapixel picture is great for detail and works fine on new computers,
but it is a pretty monstrous file size for old PC's to handle and posting on forums.

Edited by PHAT69AMX - May/19/2018 at 11:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic