TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Have you worked at am AMC dealership?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADAM12MATADOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2018 at 8:58pm
Thruway Motors in Nyack NY. 1981. Worked in the parts department. That dealership was just switching over to microfische. Didn't think about buying up whatever NOS stuff was out there, besides i couldnt afford to buy much. At that time just a 20 year old kid with a 70 AMX. Did get a set of exhaust tips but they were superceded 1971 clamp style.
racerM95 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racerM95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2018 at 6:10pm
Eastwood Jeep Eagle/Renault  Winnipeg Mb Canada
Parts Dept, and Sometimes Service Writer..
HCAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 8:45am
WORKED AT H.F. CLARK MOTORS WESTMIFFLIN, PA
ken walker
Shannock View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shannock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 11:02am
I worked at Tarbox Motors on Post Road in North Kingstown, RI, back in 1976. It was after high school and before college. They were a Pontiac and AMC dealer at the time. They were a small dealer by today's super size standard. I worked in the new car prep dept.
I remember a Japanese customer wanting to buy a new car. He was looking at a Pacer and asked me why the inside area of the rear bumpers were already starting to rust. I just shrugged and said that it was just surface rust and not to worry about it. He didn't go for it and ended up buying a Pontiac Astre. Oh well.
Tom Davies
Rhode Island
1971 Javelin SST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic