TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hand Drill Chuck Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand Drill Chuck Upgrade
    Posted: Dec/23/2017 at 6:38pm
For some who have followed some of my progress with my mods, and the concequences of using low cost home hand drills being junk on oversized hole saw and uni bits on steel.

I came across a great deal on a home drill but... like all lower than $100.00 3/8" hand drills the keyless chuck is lacking on grip and are older tech.

As of recent, I found a Rohm replacement single collar with bearing click lock that can handle 700 watts both impact and rotary drills. It's product name is Extra RV and comes in both metal and plastic with metal free spin nose protector (single and double collar).

Now for the kicker... It has a plastic collar, and Rohm has like most all chuck manufacturers have outsourced their lower tier chucks to China. Just about any below $100 chuck will be Chinese made. Unless one of the few German companies still make lower tier hand drill chucks, German, US or British, you will probably find a Chinese made product with brand stamp on it.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic