TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gremlin Fuel Cell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/15/2017 at 11:01pm
So, I've made it this far, another trip to CMP to get an extra bulkhead fitting and blanking cap. Outlet is now on the lower left hand side of the tank with the pickup tube running to the rear centre of the tank. Also made some mounting straps and spacers for installation:

As usual I did some more research after the initial purchase and discovered the following, which won't necessarily affect me now but could come into play in the future.

1) This brand of tank is not US DOT approved, so not legal for road use over there, I'm assuming that would also apply here.

2) The safety foam inside is not compatible with E85, I'm not planning to run E85 anytime soon, but had assumed that the plastic tank would have less issues in that area.

3) This type of tank is not FIA approved, because they mandate a tank with an internal bladder, I don't think this is likely to affect me, not sure at what level you need a FIA approved tank.
   Also not approved for some other forms of largely irrelevant motorsport, on the other hand it is also approved for some other forms of largely irrelevant motorsport.

4) These tanks are made to comply with SFI requirements for drag racing, however individual tanks need to be certified, which is an additional step should a certified tank be required, which I assume is the case at some advanced levels of drag racing.

Regardless of this, I'm sure it will be just fine for my immediate needs.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2017 at 6:57pm
Done the final install, hopefully this will do the job:

Just working on the filler now. I will have to build a bigger motor to make use of the 1/2" fuel lines.
RUMBLR View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUMBLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2017 at 4:51am
Looks good Darren!
343 904 M20 - 11.83@115
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2017 at 8:14am
Final piece of the fuel system puzzle, one of the guys at work was kind enough to make this filler for me:

Did have to sacrifice a non-pristine factory cap in its production, but it certainly finishes off the back of the car, well except for the pre-existing panel damage that is:

Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Final piece of the fuel system puzzle, one of the guys at work was kind enough to make this filler for me:

Did have to sacrifice a non-pristine factory cap in its production, but it certainly finishes off the back of the car, well except for the pre-existing panel damage that is:

That looks great!Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic