TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Greenwich Concours d'Elegance 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

Originally posted by Rizmo Rizmo wrote:

Last spring there was a 70 amx BBO concours level  trailer queen ,that took home nothing. 

I am thinking that was Chuck's (Sidewinder) car. Brought to the show by the guy that bought it from him.

Not sure that was my car Joe...... Mike ( the guy I sold the car to)  Took it to the AACA Grand National and was rewarded with a first Grand National award and had  ZERO point deductions!  That qualifies the car as a 300 point concourse show winner !   As far as I know that's the only major show he took it to before selling it at the fall auction in Auburn.  I have never heard anything about the car since then...As far as I know still in the Albany NY area with its new owner....Hope it's being well cared for!!

Chuck Page    
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 4:24pm
Musclepalooza is held just outside of Albany..
hffej View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hffej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 9:21pm
The owner of that AMX came up to me after they had tagged my Javelin for an award.   He told me his car consistantly wins where ever he takes it and couldn’t understand why he didn’t get one of the two AMC spots. After they had presented the awards I went over to see it since I hadn’t noticed it earlier that day. He wasn’t by the car but it was an extremely nice AMX. I took some engine compartment shots. I’ll post them later if I can figure out how to upload them off my iPhone. Jeff
69 BBB AMX   69 BBO Javelin

hffej View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hffej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 9:37pm

I have others but they are all under hood shots. I wanted the pictures to compare some of the details and finishes to my 69 BBB AMX.   I’m not sure if this helps Chuck figure out if this is his former car.
69 BBB AMX   69 BBO Javelin

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Rizmo Rizmo wrote:

I'm finishing up my ugly 70 amx , my older son has a 74 amx, and  my younger son is bringing his 06 charger srt8 and if I can get my wife on board , I'll get my 69 amx there also.  The spring show is the craziest, you have to get there early , or you'll be left out in the parking lot. Judging is strictly by personal preference of the judges that day. Last spring there was a 70 amx BBO concours level  trailer queen ,that took home nothing. I think JJ (sancapjj) here on the forum , took home first with his scrambler at the fall show last year. I ended up missing that one because it rained out on the Sunday and they held it on Monday .  Its a great day of drags and cars. The guys at hemmings are AMC friendly and one of the writers , Dan Strohl is a fellow amcer. 

Thanks for the update! How early is early? I'll be driving straight from Great AMC Day in Hebron OH so I might have to leave the night before to get a few miles in. 

There are a lot of shows like this where it comes down to judges preference for a car they rarely see, a combo that's unique or just a plain rare 1 of 1 car. My car doesn't usually do well at shows like this as she is quite a "plain" car and not a bright color or big engine/4 speed combo. For me it's just the experience of being at something like this show after seeing it in magazines.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Rizmo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2018 at 5:58am
gates open 7:30 , it's usually full by 10 am .
Charlie
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2018 at 8:40am
Thanks Charlie, I'm hoping to get there Saturday night. It says they offer camping so will hopefully be able to get in and camp Saturday night.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by hffej hffej wrote:

I have others but they are all under hood shots. I wanted the pictures to compare some of the details and finishes to my 69 BBB AMX.   I’m not sure if this helps Chuck figure out if this is his former car.

YEP.....apologies to Joe...pretty certain that's my AMX...... Nice to see some pics of it!!  post more if you have them.

Chuck Page
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

captscot View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2018 at 8:20am
Will there be a Gettysburg show in 2018?  The 2017 show was terrific, but I heard from some that its not an annual show.  Last year we all knew about it in January and already making our hotel reservations.  It would be good having another AMC show here in the northeast.  Looks like Greenwich is all there will be with a handful of AMCs among everything else.  It bugs me that the cable TV car programs like the Velocity Channel never, never say boo about an AMC car.  Getting kind of sick hearing about "Mustangs" all the time.  -  Cheers, Scott
1972 Javelin AMX - orig owner
1985 Grand Wagoneer
1967 Jeepster
1968 Jeep Gladiator
1959 Jeep CJ5
1929 Marmon model 68
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2018 at 9:54am
Greenwich is not an AMC specific show. There are several regional AMC shows and then the big National show (like Getty last year) is in Auburn IN this year. There is a thread started on this with more info. If you're planning on going (it will be a great show!) I would book a room now before they sell out.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic