TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

gr# 40.014 P/N 8123710 Spring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amchaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gr# 40.014 P/N 8123710 Spring
    Posted: Jul/30/2018 at 11:40pm
Can anyone tell me what this spring fits on the vehicle must be before 1987.
My part book does not go up to Gr# 40.014 P/N 8123710. 1987 price catalog lists it. It is listed in the price catalog. Have a whole packet of these it is a special looking spring. Don't want to toss them out. I bought a small coffee can pile of small nos parts at estate sale it was in the AMC packaging so i bought it. Im at the point I can't inventory all these small parts if I do not know what it fits. If I cannot confirm what it fits they are going in the trash. Hate to scrap NOS parts once they are gone they are gone for good.
brahlf View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brahlf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 8:02am
I found group 40.014 in the accessory parts books I have from 81 to 84.  The group is for Jeep doors for a hardtop.  Can't find that number listed in any of those books though.  Maybe somebody has a newer book.  The price book list price is around $70 ea.
Bruce

1969 American wagon 290

1966 American Convert 290

1972 Gremlin X Factory 304

1978 Matador Wagon 360

1989 Jeep Comanche

3 AMC Eagles, not running yet
amchaney View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amchaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 11:14pm
Bruce thank you for the reply. My price book from 1987 shows $75 for a strange looking litle spring. I thought it was a misprint in the price book how could they want that much for a little spring. Now I at least know it is a jeep hard top door part in accesories catalog door spring.could be for a door handle. Hopefully sone can identify the exact location I just thoughtthe price was a mistake for a little spring. Bag they came in was amc/jeep reault plastic bag about 15 in the bag.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic