TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Goodyear Polyglas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmallHurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodyear Polyglas
    Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 12:13pm
Hello,

I have worked with many of you here.  My name is Rusty Small and I can help with any of the Goodyear reproduction tires.  

Currently, I am going to the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race, Stanton, MI, September 16 and 17 and I will attend MCACN in November.

Also, I found out this weekend that the performance series of tires will be increasing in cost by $10/tire on 11/1.  This is the first increase for these tires since 2011.  

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.  My cell is 816-654-3400.

Thanks

Rusty
Snarl softly and carry a BIG STICK!!
Rusty Small
1969 Hurst/ Olds 13.26 @103
Pure Stock is the way to Rock!!!
SmallHurst View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmallHurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2016 at 5:43pm
Keeping this in front of everyone..  The price change for the tires is happening is 11/1.  

I will also be attending the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in November-- tires can be delivered to the event. 

Anyone having a question can call me.  My cell is 816-654-3400.

Rusty
Rusty Small
71 Javelin AMX O.O. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71 Javelin AMX O.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 11:35am
Rusty:

I have a question that comes up with tires in general. I have a set of the reproduction Goodyear Polyglas raised white letter tires E-60 15 that I have on my 1971 Javelin AMX. I purchased them 5 years ago and have been running them on the roads during the summer when it's not raining. I have been doing around 500 miles per year.
So the issue of age came up. I think the tire manufactures like you to replace tires in the 5-10 year range, probably closer to 5 so they can sell more tires. What is the thought on the reproduction Goodyears for a use like mine described above? I have a protectant on them and when the car is not on the road, it's inside a garage with the door down. No sunlight on them.

Thanks

Steve
AMCsavers View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCsavers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 11:37am
^Great question and curious to hear the answer, especially on a Bias tire.
Cruizer71 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruizer71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 6:33pm
Have a set of F70x14's on my ride now..bought new in 1988..maybe time for some replacements???
1970 AMX Bittersweet Orange
2005 Ram SRT-10 Viper
2019 Challenger T/A 392
1969 Javelin BBG 390 (sold)
1969 AMX Hunter Green 290 (sold)

AMC Okie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Cruizer71 Cruizer71 wrote:

Have a set of F70x14's on my ride now..bought new in 1988..maybe time for some replacements???

I would replace them, I'm no expert, but I play one at work Big smile
69 "GO PACK AMX"
73 Javelin 43,000 mile,origanl SURVIVOR
68 Javelin parts car
39 Ford coupe
48 Chevy coupe
2004 Dodge 1500 Rumble Bee
2005 Pontiac Solstice
Charlie S.
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmallHurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 8:31pm
One of my friends asked me that very question today.  UV is one of the biggest enemies of rubber and most of ours stay tucked in the garage.  Personally, it has a lot to do with that and heat cycles.  If you are going to be rolling down to eat ice cream or if you are going 120 miles to the regional meet.  If you turn a corner and the tires are squalling when you turn a  corner, I would say its time.  The hardness of the tires is going to effect the safety.

In a word, I am not going to give you a year, but you need to look at what you are going to do with it.  May pops are not what we want to ride on!!

My cell is 816-654-3400 if you want to speak with me about it.
Rusty Small
71 Javelin AMX O.O. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71 Javelin AMX O.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2016 at 1:50pm
Rusty:

What kind of availability can we expect in the future on having the reproduction Goodyear Polyglas E-60-15 tires? In other words if the demand is still there from the guys like my that want the original look and the Pro Stock Drag guys that would be burning them up at the drags, will those tires still be around in 5 years? This may be a hard question to answer, but should I look at getting a set and storing them for when the age of the ones I have are to the point when they should be replaced? Or will a set that has been sitting for 5 years not be good for more than another 5 years because of their age?

Steve
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2016 at 8:15pm
I just picked up a set of F-70-14 RWL Goodyear Polyglas rubber doughnuts from Rusty last weekend at the Pure Stock Drags in Stanton Michigan.

No2Joe did as well (E-60-15) variant for his 70 AMX and many others did too. It was rubber doughnut city!

Just an FYI:

For those who plan on attending the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals this November (MCACN) in Rosemont IL. , Rusty said to me he can deliver them there as well. 

You will search long and hard, for a more trustworthy and cooler soul !

Rich C. 

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmallHurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2016 at 8:37pm
Thanks Rich!!

To answer the question, the tires once put in the catalog will always remain. Also, the number of tires is closely watched and the batch numbers are so that the tires should be fairly fresh. The tires that were delivered to Rich came off the truck on Wednesday morning and I loaded them my trailer Wednesday afternoon. Most tires are 6 months old or less.
Rusty Small
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic