TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Goodbye Holley 2209

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by nda racer nda racer wrote:

Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

A misspelled trophy?

I guess that discredits the numbers it ran then.
Just joking with you. I thought it was funny. Congrats !
nda racer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nda racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2014 at 8:34pm
Thank you.
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2014 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

And if your carb isn't reliable, your car isn't, either.

A 650..... Holley..... Double Pumper got me this.

It looks as if you think I was speaking negatively about the Holley 4-barrels, which is apparently what your 650 is [since the 2300 didn't come in 650 CFM rating, as far as I can determine].  I would suggest you re-read my post, and tell me where you found anything negative I've written about a Holley 4 barrel.

'Cause I don't believe you can find me saying that.  Go ahead...re-read it.  I was harsh on the 2209, I was slightly harsh on the 2300 [all based on personal experience], but I don't believe I said anything about a Holley 4 barrel...much less anything negative.

So if you just want to stir things up...consider them stirred.  Give me ONE QUOTE from my post that has to do with a negative comment that I made about a Holley 4-barrel.  PLEASE.  JUST ONE.

Or was this less about what I posted, and more about showing off your trophy?
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2014 at 6:10pm

A misspelled trophy?

I guess that discredits the numbers it ran then.
Just joking with you. I thought it was funny. Congrats !

I like the cars in the trophy photo.

Steve
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 6:07pm
I think they meant consistent. Consistant is a French word meaning substantial, so maybe your car is the most substantial.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
nda racer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nda racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

It looks as if you think I was speaking negatively about the Holley 4-barrels, which is apparently what your 650 is [since the 2300 didn't come in 650 CFM rating, as far as I can determine].  I would suggest you re-read my post, and tell me where you found anything negative I've written about a Holley 4 barrel.

'Cause I don't believe you can find me saying that.  Go ahead...re-read it.  I was harsh on the 2209, I was slightly harsh on the 2300 [all based on personal experience], but I don't believe I said anything about a Holley 4 barrel...much less anything negative.

So if you just want to stir things up...consider them stirred.  Give me ONE QUOTE from my post that has to do with a negative comment that I made about a Holley 4-barrel.  PLEASE.  JUST ONE.

Or was this less about what I posted, and more about showing off your trophy?

Look at what I quoted. I liked it and agreed with it. I don't know where you're getting all this other stuff from.

I was just posting proof my carb was reliable. Hence posting the pic, instead of just spewing BS..

There, had to edit out my pic so I'm not a bragging ahole.

Edited by nda racer - Sep/01/2014 at 7:40pm
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 8:09pm
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 9:45pm
Come on, put the pic back, it is very cool and most of us like it
Gremlin Dreams
nda racer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nda racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2014 at 9:53pm
Thank you.

But the thread is about a Holley 2209 carb. So sorry for the hi-jack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic