TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Yea or Nea on aftermarket EFI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2019 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

Good eye sight and a tach is all that's needed.

Kinda like crank windows and mech door locks.

I have a 2019 Equinox as my daily driver
and developed a deep hatred for the useless
annoying gadgets. Especially the rear and other cameras.

Adaptive cruise control also tops my hate list.
I agree...working at car dealer ships for 35 years...i also drive a 2019 with all the gadget`s (After my 1992 Corolla spit the dif pin through the case this year) before that was my 1978 Concord wagon for 7 years (The same one my son and i built)when i started driving my 64 American wagon 16 years ago not having a drivers side door mirror wasnt a problem but after getting used to back up cameras...blind spot monitors...active cruise control...abs..skid control...blur tooth..exc. makes driving my classic feel that much more enjoyabe...Lets face it were dumbing down the human race....And that is a shame...And remember Point`s and a Carb. will always get you home...
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2019 at 9:36am
it would be nice if someone made mirror image side
view mirrors for our beloved Nash cans.

It's the only modern convivence I miss.
Gremlin Dreams
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2019 at 10:11am
Points and carb will get you home but I prefer to keep my 8 injectors and 8 coils. I can drive home on 7 of either without opening the hood.

one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Heavy 488 Heavy 488 wrote:

Points and carb will get you home but I prefer to keep my 8 injectors and 8 coils. I can drive home on 7 of either without opening the hood.

agreed...it`s when the driver poop`s out and your down to zero...Injection is very nice if you dont over complicate it....i have watched builders put the incorrect sized injectors in(oversized) melt pistons blame the tune and push a cust to buy a life savings in stand along ecu`s... when most manufactures use fuel flow to control the timing...Less flow (Ms) more timing....i think if your advanced enough to run..tune and diag. efi go for it...If not your at the mercy of others...I`m in the field since pre efi and have followed it.. diag`ed   it...repaired and tuned it so im fine with it...  
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2019 at 12:59pm
I have to dis agree if you have 7 coils i hope your not diving far as the fuel is washing the oil off your cyl wall
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2019 at 1:47pm
Ok, so 15 seconds and 2 dirty fingers from unplugging the injector. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic