TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

287 Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by g-man g-man wrote:

Originally posted by FSJunkie FSJunkie wrote:

You shouldn't defend me. 

We are all adults here...and I don't think that pointing out what I thought the points you were trying to make as "defending" you...as I am sure you can defend yourself. I have seen many times when guys are typing out what they say...a lot is lost in the translation, (intonation, and inflection seem to get lost in the printed word), besides that, lets not get the OP all bogged down in a bunch of "in-fighting"...that is not going to help impress him towards the merits of the GEN1 motor at all.
<span style="font-size: 0.75em;">
</span>
Originally posted by FSJunkie FSJunkie wrote:

This is not your fight. You don't want it. 

Let me tell you something...I spent 16 years, almost all of it in combat fighting for 2 different countries (obviously one of them the USA) and let me tell you that this is not a fight. 
(Just a difference of opinion...and a little overly quick judgement) 
I don't see anyone here trying to kill anyone...and until you have had angry people trying to kill you...then you will have a real fight.
I can tell you the other combat vets here will back me on this one (and I know there are some here).
Just some perspective for you to think about.

g-man

I
scratch my head over some of the arguments here, though they really are low key as fights go... If the op does as NDA suggests, with the emphasis being on using a trustworthy machinist, then whether or not it makes sense to move forward with the engine at hand will become clear.

Steve

Edited by Slate - Feb/17/2019 at 10:01pm
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Slate Slate wrote:

I scratch my head over some of the arguments here, though they really are low key as fights go... If the op does as NDA suggests, with the emphasis being on using a trustworthy machinist, then whether or not it makes sense to move forward with the engine at hand will become clear.
Steve

Steve,
I don't think anybody (even on this forum) could argue with that.Wink

g-man
AMC only daily driver
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic