TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T-10 Shift Mechanism Rubber Seal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2019 at 10:05am
This has come up a few times over the years as mentioned.  That boot is at the top of the list for rare in NOS parts - probably because it's not really necessary and almost none were ordered into dealer stock.  I've only seen one in 20 years and I bought it.

The AMC/Ford style mechanism looks nothing like an Inland mechanism.  
TX390AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX390AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2019 at 9:59am
Greg,
  I have made a few replacement reverse light switches for the Ford type early shifters and have one or two originals I've been able to resurrect. PM me for info, I also have new replacement shifter handles for the early AMC shifters with reverse lockouts that actually work and brand new chrome. Sorry, no info on the rubber shifter boot for the early shifters. I've only seen remnants of one, attached to a shifter I bought years ago from E-bay.

Terry Sumter
Nashville, IN

Edited by TX390AMX - Jan/22/2019 at 10:21am
Terry
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Rally Green
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Matador Red
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Calcutta   
   Russet
56 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2016 Can AM Spyder
55 Chev pickup
RamblinG View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamblinG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2019 at 10:56am
Thanks for getting back to me. After reading up on this I think I will try to use mine by soldering the wires to the posts. One broke off upon removing the connectors. If this fails, I’ll definitely reach out. I would think this part was used in several applications and would be easier to find. Guess not.
RamblinG View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamblinG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2019 at 9:59pm
Okay, I found a manufacturer who can make these. After making a limited use mold, possibly good for a few dozen, the total cost would be around $2,000 (made right here in The U.S. of A!). That would make each one +\- $200 plus shipping. 

IF I can get about 20 people interested, via reply here or private message, I will proceed. If more people jump in the price will go down.

Who’s with me?
Roechambeau View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roechambeau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2021 at 8:54pm
Anyone come up with a replacement for the lower shifter seal? Is it integral to mounting the shifter or upper boot? Or just more of a weather seal? Im guessing most are running without one...anybody modify another product to work if it is indeed necessary for a non- daily driver? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic