TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

232 Carb Options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamblinMan63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2019 at 3:36pm
I got it pretty much figured out. I 180° the bell crank so now the carb opens up with the accelerator pedal. Im going to craft up an extension and switch the transmission cable (pictured) towards the distributor side of the engine and boom were off.
kd4rho View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kd4rho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2019 at 7:53pm

Frank - great info - I'm pretty sure my throttle - transmission cable shouldn't look like this after being fixed...so does anyone have a picture of what I should have? Drove it yesterday in D1 and it shifts to 2 at 5mph and 3 at 20mph...ugh. 1963 Rambler Classic 660 station wagon w/straight 6 single Carter. Thanks much!

Edited by kd4rho - Jul/28/2019 at 8:37pm
kd4rho View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kd4rho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2019 at 7:54pm
Picture is https://kd4rho.imgbb.com/ idk why it's not showing...
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by kd4rho kd4rho wrote:

Picture is https://kd4rho.imgbb.com/ idk why it's not showing...

When I cut and past that link, IMDB says the account needs a password for access.  Joe

Happiness is making something out of nothing.
kd4rho View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kd4rho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2019 at 8:40pm
I give up. I cannot find anyway to upload a picture that works...I will be happy to email or text - kd4rho@arrl.net or 214-662-6167...very frustrating...
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2019 at 6:04am
Sent you an e-mail. The cable pushes in as the throttle opens. Just measure the length of the original arm from enter of pivot to center of hole where the cable attaches and either make an arm or find one on the carb very close to the same length. I've made arms by using a 3/8" wide piece of flat bar held to the shaft with a small u-bolt (3/16") made for cable. Drill arm for u-bolt, then clamp in a vice and twist the end 90 degrees. Works great!
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic