TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dake 10 ton press

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx390ssc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dake 10 ton press
    Posted: Dec/28/2018 at 5:05pm
I  am looking to buy this press but no one I know has one. If you have this press I would like to know your thoughts????

AA
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 9:00am
I'm assuming you are talking about the 10 ton hydraulic press?  Can't help.  We had two Dake arbor press's at my last job and they were bulletproof.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 11:30am
They're virtually bulletproof.  I'd go 20 ton if you can afford it, 10 isn't enough for AMC axles.  I converted my 20 ton to air-over-hydraulic.  It really makes it more useful to have both hands free and control it with a foot pedal.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 6:47pm
For whatever it's worth:
My machine shop told me they needed over 15 tons to get each of my AMC 20 axels apart.
Bruce Clarkson
amx390ssc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx390ssc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/31/2018 at 12:08pm
Thanks for the input! I like the fact they are built in the USA. Many people have used the Dake press but I just cant find anyone who has used the Dake 10 ton press  the cost is around $375.
I used  the local machine shops snap on press recently air over hydralic 20 ton press it was a beauty to use. He didnt charge me at let me operate it.

AA
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2019 at 5:24pm
I have a Dake 10-ton press. I use it for pressing in/out suspension bushings and bearing races. For my garage, the size is just right. 

Very well made and I like it a lot. 
amx390ssc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx390ssc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 5:10am
sweatlock ,,,,,,thank you!!!!! You are the first person that has said you have a dake 10 tonn press. Have you tried pressing any wrist pins in pistons?

thanks AA
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2019 at 6:22am
No, although I'm sure it could as long as the pressure required for pressing in a wrist pin is < 10 tons. Does it really require more than that?
In addition to bearing races & suspension bushings, i also use it for u-joints. It is a very well-made piece of equipment and if you don't have a lot of space available in your work area or garage (and I don't) it's the perfect size. 
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2019 at 1:57pm
FWIW, I've used my HF 12 ton press to remove factory pressed wrist pins. As said, if you want to press the AMC axle hubs off, get a 20T as the 12T usually doesn't do the job.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic