TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Complete lock cylinder kit for Rambler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmrcnBadaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete lock cylinder kit for Rambler
    Posted: Dec/02/2018 at 8:42pm
Hey guys! I haven't been on here for a good while. I sold my Javelin due to my crazy work schedule. 

Anyway, my dad just bought a 68 Rambler American 440. It does not have an ignition key, door keys, and no trunk cylinder at all.  I have been buying complete kits for air cooled VW's for years with no problem. This however has not been as easy. Do any of you know where a complete kit (ign, doors, trunk)  with new cylinders and keys is available? I haven't found anything useful on an internet search. (And I did use the search function on here as well!!!) Or should he just take it to a locksmith and hope for the best?

I will see if I can get him to join on here shortly. I know there is a lot of knowledge I have gained here myself.

Thanks for any input!!
graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2018 at 12:11am
Just got some door locks from American Parts Depot, I know the trunk is available, don't need I have a wagon. Haven't found the ignition switch yet, still looking!
Hope this helps. If you find the ignition lock cylinder please let me know.

Perk
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
AmrcnBadaz View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmrcnBadaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2018 at 12:55am
I see they have the door cylinders. There is no listing for the trunk at the moment. I might have to give them a call to verify what they have though. Thanks for the info, and I will keep in touch if i can find an ignition cylinder as well.
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2018 at 2:56pm
AMC vendors have them and there is a guy on eBay who sells NOS sets of locks.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic