TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Torqstorm 401 Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2020 at 12:15pm
Fiberglass replacement hood such as http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/amxjavelin.html ?

IMO, a '71-'74 AMX style hood looks really good adapted to an earlier Jav or AMX bodystyle... that might give a nice big opening across the back to let heat out at low mph street duty?

-maybe have your air intake ducted to the center with heat outlets on both sides?
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
Ramzilla View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2020 at 4:00pm
AMC Buddies just thought I would share my discussion with you from Torqstorm.

Message: I seen your twin AMC kit on the AMX. Do you know what HP & Touq he is making. Also with the twin blower units what kind of PSI are we looking at, still in the process of getting info on building motor.   I have a 1969 SC Rambler planning on using Fi tech injection with my STR crossram like the AMX on your web site. I have no power steering or AC also plan on electric water pump. Can you give me estimate on kit price. Maybe estimate on HP & touq and RPM range where HP & touq begins. Also total PSI with twins so I can plan on what compression ratio I will need. Thanks Larry

Hello Larry
The supercharger systems are adjustable. The boost numbers are determined by how your engine breathes and the supercharger system adjustment. The original AMC build was close to 600hp. The engine was nothing special. The car was sold. The new owner build a more capable engine. It's been a few years. I believe the power was in the mid 800's at 6600rpm and 13psi. I do not recall getting torque results from him. What kind of power do you want to make? That is really what matters here. With each engine, owner and application being different. Your individual plans are what we should focus on. As the system gets planned out for you. We can aim for your power level and adjust the superchargers outputs to match. The twin system can be built for your application. No AC, No power steering. The alternator low on the passengers side. $6300 with two carb hats for your crossram.

SC Rambler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic