TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Check My Math - Compression Ratio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXrated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2018 at 6:19pm
Got an email from an engineer from Scat saying that their 2-343-5885-2208 connecting rods are 1.00" wide at the small end and .200" from top of pin hole to top of rod.  

On the Wiseco PTS539A3 pistons, I am measuring 1.267" between the pin hole bosses and .847" from top of pin hole to inside top surface of piston.

Looks like everything should work together without extra machining.  Should have the Scat rods early next week so I will find out for sure then.
You can have my Hurst shifter when you pry it from my cold dead hand.
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2018 at 6:47am
Originally posted by AMXrated AMXrated wrote:

Got an email from an engineer from Scat saying that their 2-343-5885-2208 connecting rods are 1.00" wide at the small end and .200" from top of pin hole to top of rod.  

On the Wiseco PTS539A3 pistons, I am measuring 1.267" between the pin hole bosses and .847" from top of pin hole to inside top surface of piston.

Looks like everything should work together without extra machining.  Should have the Scat rods early next week so I will find out for sure then.

That sounds promising. If they work out.. I'll have to be on the look out for a set of Scat Rods to purchase! 

Thanks for updating.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2018 at 7:26am
Originally posted by AMXrated AMXrated wrote:

AMXrated... man... I am really sorry to have worried you about this! I realized after re-reading over another thread by WesternRed about his 360 build that the pistons I thought wouldn't work with the Scat Rods were actually the Falcon Global cast pistons... because they are press fit and the Wiseco's are floating! 

Totally my bad dude... I hope I didn't make you waste too much time worrying about it. I should've went looking before I opened my mouth. I'm sorry. 

I am looking forward to seeing your results! I have been wanting to use the Wiseco and the Scat rods myself. A friend of mine who is a really well know guy with Wally Booth drag car said he likes the Scat Rods and has used them a lot. He said "ya' can't beat the price".
AMXrated View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXrated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2018 at 8:23am
No worries. 

Haven't done much engine work in the past 30 years and just got to a point in my life where I have time to get back into it.  Most things come back quickly, but others not so much--guess my brain deleted a few files over the years... Your question about the Scat rods reminded me of things I should have checked into anyway before placing the order.

The rods should be here tomorrow so I may start assembling the lower engine this weekend.  I'll probably be wearing out the forum with questions!

Thanks,
Jack
You can have my Hurst shifter when you pry it from my cold dead hand.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2018 at 8:30am
Cool. I felt bad Jack but I wanted to make sure to come back and update you with the proper information! 

Like anything worth waiting for... just take your time! 

Glad to hear you are enjoying this stuff again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic