TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Carb replacement.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2019 at 2:17pm
Old thread, and I have no opinion on the eBay deal, but I do have a 2100 on a 304 and it seems to me a very simple and well mannered carb.  So far as CFM, I dont think one can say a 2150 flows more CFM than a 2100.  Both come in a wide variety of venturi sizes, so the answer isnt quite as simple as picking a 2100 or 2150.  The venturi size is cast into the body of the carb.  The 304 came with a very small venturi, at least for the Jeep CJ5.  And that is what you'd want if one wants strong idle vacuum and good throttle response off-idlethrough mud range.   At the expense of WFO power, of course.  
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2019 at 5:45am
The 2100 comes in a wide variety of sizes, only three for the 2150 (287, 351, 424 cfm) as far as I can find on the internet, and many sources don't list the smallest one. The 2100 has eight sizes from 190-424 cfm. The 2150 is a later version of the 2100, not a lot of difference... mostly emissions related.
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic