TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T-10 Rear Seal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2018 at 9:14pm
OK looked at 3 Trannys that I could get to. They were Date coded from 68 to 72 , All including the trans in my car take the 8160S seal.  

Pulled the 2 New rebuild kits from the shelf( someone gave them to me )  and yep they have the wrong seals in the kit.

That's why when  I buy T -10 parts I deal with someone that knows them SK Speed  ,Davids 4 Speeds, Kajun Jon...
Bandana View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 6:38am
Guys, thanks for pointing me to the 8160s. I’d have been chasing this for awhile without your help.
Bandana View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 4:10pm
Picked up an 8160s. What’s the thinking on putting a film of silicone on the outside before popping it in? Or better left clean and dry?
bwamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/11/2018 at 8:14pm
The national seal I had here in my box of parts had rubber on the outside.
I install them dry.
Borgnine View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borgnine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 11:26am
Thanks for the info on the National 8160S. I've been chasing this for awhile now too! Both the SKF and National listings for the AMC T-10 application are wrong. You get the flanged seals with a 1.6 I.D.- which is too big. I tracked down an SKF 15041 which has the correct I.D. (1.5), but, as I discovered yesterday, is too small for the bore in the transmission tailshaft:(  

I'm going to get the 8160S!! Looking forward to a leakfree transmission!!
Bandana View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2018 at 7:21pm
The 8160S fit perfect in mine and the leak is gone. Now to tackle the front seal this winter.... Are listings correct for the front seal or is this one wrong too??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic