TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

68 AMX side window depth in shoe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcsst72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 AMX side window depth in shoe
    Posted: Jun/23/2018 at 4:23pm
Hey guys, hoping someone on here can help me.  I have a 68 AMX that I'm getting ready to glue the side windows back into the shoes.  I have read the stickies on the subject in the forum and have a pretty good grasp on the process that has been laid out on there.  A lot of the guys said to use the old bond lines as a guide and this will give you the correct depth and placement which makes total sense.  I was also going to use the measurements given in the other threads to assist in the job.  What I'm hoping someone can tell me is the proper depth that the window should go into the shoe?  One of my shoes currently has about 1/8" of glue on the fwd side and over a 1/4" on the aft side.  I don't feel that is correct, especially from what I have read, but I want to be sure before I clean all the old adhesive out.  One of the threads on here said they clean out the shoes track of adhesive to about 1/8" from the bottom of the track all they way across.  Is this correct?  Will the window have enough travel once adjusted properly to seat on the seal at the top using this method?  Thanks guys and sorry for another thread on the same subject.
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2018 at 5:30pm
About 1/8 in from the bottom all the way. I use popsicle sticks as bottom and side spacers
they call me Capt RETIRED!
amcsst72 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcsst72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2018 at 6:06pm
Thank you so much for your response Turbo! I will do what you reccomend. It looked to me that someone had attempted to do a quick fix on this window. The glass didnt appear to be glued in at an even depth rather tilted fron front to back on the aft shoe. I will also use the measurements given in the sticky to make sure the glass is back in the original location. Thank you again for your quick response!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic