TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Vacuum Modulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down Under Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacuum Modulator
    Posted: Jun/11/2018 at 4:52am
Hey can anyone tell me, when I take the vacuum modulator out of the cast body Borg Warner model 12 trans will trans oil come out of the hole it screws into. Still looking for a new or in working order vacuum modulator with electric kickdown if anyone can help. 
Thanx

dbltrbl View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbltrbl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2018 at 6:03am
Yes the oil will come out, you will need to jack rear end high up to prevent this.

I bought several different stripe color Ford FMX vac modulators for my Amx so i can test which one functions best with modded engine, they are rated for different intake vacuum levels.

Blue:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-FMX-Automatic-Transmission-Vacuum-Modulator-With-Free-Gasket-/222591519628

Green:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cast-Iron-Ford-FMX-Adjustable-Vacuum-Modulator-/182905358532

etc

Also check how deep the rod goes into modulator.

Down Under Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Down Under Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/12/2018 at 12:26am
Hey that is great information, thanx.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic