TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AC parts - work in 73???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

Personally I like the cast Jeep bracket if your not going for the "stock" look. Only problem is they seem to be hard to come by anymore.

Uh, you saw the car, eh? Not much looks stock under the hood.  ;-)

Sure, I'd like stock as much as possible and won't HACK things up when it can be avoided, but then a Jeep bracket on a 360 is actually AMC on AMC anyway.

My Eagle is stock perfect in many many ways....... except for under the hood - but even then I have stuck to certain stock things.

Now THAT bracket would be very helpful! You know I have a birthday coming up next February?
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

Now THAT bracket would be very helpful! You know I have a birthday coming up next February?
Oh? I got that mixed up with the occasion where you get a lump of coal..... LOL
All kidding aside, I will let you know if I do come across one of those brackets.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2018 at 9:39pm
Well since I have a NOS Sanden compressor............. that would be cool. Thanks. 

I could put the NOS bracket and NOS idler I have in another box on the 70 since it's for the big box compressor which my 70 has.

I need to get a conversion kit and get the AC working on the 70 again. 

farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2018 at 12:24pm
You can get a Sanden to York adapter bracket and use the old York mount. Pretty common at AC shops and online.

There was an XJ Wagoneer 83-90, a fancy version XJ with dual headlights starting in 85.  Had a slightly different grille than Cherokee 83-84... and of course the 85-90 dual headlight version had a different grille. Limited version had obligatory wood grain side trim, and seems to have been the most popular, or at least on most surviving models. The name of the SJ model was changed to "Grand Wagoneer".
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic