TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hornet interior for a tall guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2018 at 11:38pm
Depends where most of your height is located: legs or torso. Hornets have pretty good leg room (about the same as a Rebel, Matador, or Ambassador), but head room is average at best. I will tell you this: Hornets have more head room than many 1970s Lincolns. 

I'm right at 6 feet tall and most of it is in my legs (32" inseam). My torso is pretty short. I fit very well into my Hornet and it is very comfortable for me.

I can also tell you this: one of my closest friends in college was 6'7" and wore 34" inseam trousers, so most of his height was in his torso. He HATED my Hornet. He had to slouch to fit into it. He hates pretty much every car though, except early 1950s Chryslers because they are basically like a two story building inside. 
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by rms827 rms827 wrote:

Anybody got any recommendations for a model that might better accommodate xRipX, then?

I don't know the AMCs of that era well enough to offer up an idea.  In fact the only smaller car I know that seems to seat tall folks well is the Mini-Cooper believe it or not.  One of the techs I used to work with was a big ol country boy (Brosk Lesner sized) and he got in and out of a Mini he was working on with no problem.

But a Mini isn't half as cool as an AMC, right guys?
You could wear Abe Lincoln's stovepipe hat in an early Scion Xb.
Samuelsc360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuelsc360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2018 at 1:13pm
The bucket seat Hornets were lower than the bench seat ones, therefore more headroom.  
1971 SC360
1973 Ambassador Sedan 360
1973 Hornet X 360
1973 Javelin AMC 401
1975 Sportabout X 258
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic