TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New online form for parts restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New online form for parts restoration
    Posted: Mar/17/2018 at 8:34pm
There's already a post in the vendor area for what I do but this is more of an announcement for an online form my son has put together to help automate things for those who wish to have me do restoration work on things such as alternators, starters, wiper motors, blower motors, etc.
The form has spots for all of the information I need - and a comments area for people to put in the build date of their car ** if they know what that is - or any other special instructions.

**(When I restore a Motorola alternator I put the date code on the back of the alternator like they had originally. If I know the build date of your car, I can put a date that reflects a few weeks ahead of the build date of the car (or if it's still readable on your original alternator, I'll use that)). 

The form is version 1.0 so could change or be improved in the future - he put it together sort of quickly based on watching what I do. He's not a car guy so it may need tweaked but it's pretty cool.

The form is at - 

http://www.theamcpages.com/repair/index.html

This gives me a record of your request, all of the information needed, and allows better record keeping.
I'll use the information provided for any special instructions (such as if you request shipping insurance when I send it back, etc.) and will have your address, phone, email, etc. in case I need to contact you about the item. 
He's all about making this more efficient and streamlining things so I spend less time on papers, looking for notes, lost emails and so on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic