TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gremlin X 343 Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantajav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2018 at 3:42pm
What kind of in-breds work at that shop?Clown

I wouldn't drive it 10 ft if there really was 75W-90 in there. 

You could drain some out into a container and see how it pours compared to 10W-30. 

Like the other guy said, usually gear oil has a pretty sharp smell to it...that's the other sign.

(Hopefully they just clicked on the wrong drop down item on the shop computer menu and they really did use 10W-30.)..but if you think by looks or smell the wrong oil is in there....

I'd go to Walmart get a jug of 10W-30 a new oil filter and change it right where it is parked.

Then I'd go back to the shop with the Walmart receipt and talk to the manager. They should refund the original oil change cost and your Walmart change.

Either that car is reading 80 psi at idle or the top end is getting no oil when it is cold, way too thick to run in your engine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic