TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - como calibrar punterias con botadores hidraulicos?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

como calibrar punterias con botadores hidraulicos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentajgj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: como calibrar punterias con botadores hidraulicos?
    Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 7:29pm
Tengo una jeep wagoneer 1979 mexicana con motor 282 y cabeza de 258 amc. y tengo problemas con el ajuste de los balancines  que no cortan y presionan las válvulas  lo que hace que no cierren las válvulas correctamente, y he visto que en algunos amc  les han puesto 
RR pero cuales son los ajustables para esa cabeza de 258 que marca en que tienda, y que modelo  a fin de no tener que ponerle lainas de laton en la base de los rokers de acero originales, ya no doy con bola, pues o quedan muy sueltos o demasiado apretados, QUE ALGUIEN ME AYUDE¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 7:36pm
Gelalthedamned View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gelalthedamned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2018 at 11:29pm
Who’s that dude that’s into Mexican heads? Is there mods to be made for a 258 head on a 282...decking or maybe just push rod lengths?

Stock rockers are non-adjustable.
I had some adjustable roller rockers from harland sharpe in my last build...not sure if they’re still in production.
Yella terra might have some, but I don’t know.
Calamity - 73 Gremlin X zombie rod (daily driver)
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2018 at 5:46am
Google translate came up with this
I have a 1979 Mexican wagoneer jeep with 282 engine and 258 amc head. and I have problems with the adjustment of the rockers that do not cut and press the valves which does not close the valves correctly, and I have seen that in some amc they have put
RR but what are the adjustable for that head of 258 that marks in which store, and which model so as not to have to put brass sheets in the base of the original steel rokers, I do not give with ball, because they are very loose or too tight, THAT SOMEONE HELPS ME¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2018 at 6:24am
Sounds like he may have some wiped/worn cam lobes...  
Frank Swygert
Pentajgj View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentajgj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2018 at 5:33pm
con respecto a las punterias los botadores arbol de levas y todo el conjunto de motor fue renovado pero las varillas de empuje son las mismas que traia  pero solo tengo problema en los cilindros 1,2,y3. y por eso pienso ponerle  RR ajustables y mo tener que estar poniendo lainas de aluminio  debajo del balancin, ya que de no hacerlo permanece abierta la valvula y si le pongo de mas queda suelta y suena demaciado, y pensando si el roller es ajustable seria mas facil calibrar la avertura de la valvula , ero cual es ajustable y el indicado para esta cabeza amc 258 ? me dicen que lle podria quedar los de chebrolet pero son novatos como yo asi que me dirijo a ustedes los expertos, ¡¡¡ HEEEEELP ¡¡¡
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2018 at 5:36pm
Or jumped time. I can't make head or tails of what you are saying. What's camshaft pullers?
Pentajgj View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentajgj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2018 at 7:40pm
with regard to the aims of the botadores cam shaft and the whole motor was renovated but push rods are the same that brought but only I have problem in 1,2,y3 cylinders. and so I think put RR adjustable and mo have to be putting shim of aluminum under the rocker, since otherwise it is open valve and if I put in is loose and sounds way too, and thinking if the roller is adjustable would be more easy to calibrate the bird ero rtura of the valve, which is adjustable and suitable for this amc 258 head? tell me that lle could be the chebrolet but are newbies like me so I am skilled, HEEEEELP!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic