TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

72 Matador locks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 72 Matador locks
    Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 4:12am
I have been trying to track down a set of door locks and ignition barrel to suit a 72 Matador ( would like the same key for all) I have found some in the states but was wondering if there was anyone in Australia worth trying first as the US stuff is pricey.
Thanks in advance
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 4:45pm
Ignition lock is the same as Holdens of that era, not sure about door locks. Any decent locksmith should be able to sort out matching keys for you if you have existing locks.
Jamie Collins View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 4:56pm
Ignition barrel is dead and gone just figure now is the time to sort the issue door locks are getting sad they are just wearing out so in theory if i replace with NOS now they should almost see me out.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 6:17pm
Rockauto.com has new ignition barrels with keys from US$25 including shipping to Australia, doubt you will get them any cheaper here. cost me $40 to get a new key cut for mine.

Not sure on the door locks though. Maybe ask outside the Aussie section for some better answers on US options.
Jamie Collins View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 9:02pm
Thanks for that they seem a good source of parts

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2017 at 11:14pm
They send you a fridge magnet with each order, the cabinets in my shed are plastered with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic